XT vs XTR vs X01 vs XX1

AllAboutRides

A bit like Shimano SPD pedals, not really worth upgrading from the basic ones, because they work the same as the expensive ones, weigh almost the same and last longer. :thumbup:

My 520s are still with me 2 bikes later, with basically everything else upgraded. I recently overhauled them, good as new now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SRAM XX1 great shifting it's never let me down. X01 not bad but if you can afford XX1 get it and yes with Guide brake set.

XX1 cassette over R5k.....when it needs to be replaced!!! Thats the k@k part

You won't need to replace the cassette very often. I know more than a few people who are on >15,000km with the XG 1195 (XO1) cassette. It will outlast an XTR cassette by some margin.

For me XX1 /XO1 combo gets the nod over XTR. No contest. SRAm is just easier to set up and keep working accurately across a wide range of trail conditions

XX1 cassette over R5k.....when it needs to be replaced!!! Thats the k@k part

I change my chain before it stretches to much and that prolonged my cassette. I have done +6000km on my XX1 cassette and still going. I had 2 guys now that that installed XT 11speed and had to change cassette with first chain (+\- 2 months riding) and @ R2100 work it out $#$#$!!!!! Plus the new XT 11speed shifts K@K. My wife runs Sram GX 11 speed that shifts beter. 

I would suggest go some wear to try both you will see what I mean. 

Also Sram 10T is also a nice to have on those longer roads 

I would buy X1 or GX before any of shimano's 11 speed. but nothing compares with XX1 

• 2 months later...

Ok thanks everyone for you opinions!

Decided on the following....

XTR Shifter

XT 11x42 cassette

XTR Rear Derailleur

XT Chain

Ok thanks everyone for you opinions!

Decided on the following....I

XTR Shifter

XT 11x42 cassette

XTR Rear Derailleur

XT Chain

You will never regret sticking with shimano.

Archived