Five big climbs on rugged Absa Cape Epic fifth stage

News bot

Tomorrow’s Stage 5 is 2016’s second transition stage – taking riders to a new race village in a different town – and the Absa Cape Epic participants will be hoping it is not as tough as Wednesday’s Stage 3 from Tulbagh to Wellington.

Click here to view the article

This will be a day for the climbers but the GC leaders will be sure to follow any challengers. With several long climbs there will, however, be many opportunities for breaks: will this be the day for a South African team to make a bolt for a stage win? Perhaps Darren Lill and Waylon Woolcock (USN Purefit), both light and good climbers, will fancy their chances.

and here i thought all MTBers were climbers, where's that angry vet to remind how little i know...

and here i thought all MTBers were climbers, where's that angry vet to remind how little i know...

Ja nee I am with you on that one!

Reckon this stage is going to cull some stragglers - transition stages seem to be the toughest.