New riders on the Eastrand

JWF

Know the area very well. In fact Athol organises a race in the area called the Transvaal Galvanizers every year for the last 4 years. Started in November but the rains that time of year turn a lot of the trails into clay that sticks like .... Moved to Sept last year and will be in August this year. 35km and 55km around 300 entries last year. We have a permanent floating bridge over a dam behind the smaller dump along the pipeline road to the silos. We have trails upto 80km . I am on Strava as well so I can send you routes in .gxp format. I'll drop you a pm with my number or give Athol a shout, his number is in the news paper add

Thanks, I'll call you next week.

Once a month we either ride at Suikerbos for hill work or we ride to the Heidelberg army base radio tower and the other radio tower which is an 80km trip all off road with two killer climbs. There is plenty safe parking at the start point . Worth the drive I promise

In the good bad ole days when i did my army training at Heidelberg army gym it was called the Kremlin and unfortunately we had to run up there... talking about the one on the hills by the shooting ranges past the grave yard.

Are you allowed to ride there, must be some really good mtb riding in those hills?

• 2 weeks later...

In the good bad ole days when i did my army training at Heidelberg army gym it was called the Kremlin and unfortunately we had to run up there... talking about the one on the hills by the shooting ranges past the grave yard.

Are you allowed to ride there, must be some really good mtb riding in those hills?

Yep we ride to the radio tower often

Archived