[Event] Believe CHOC COW MTB Race 2016

Believe Project

Event Name: Believe CHOC COW MTB Race 2016
When: 17 September 2016
Where: Northern Farm, Diepsloot, Gauteng
Category: MTB

We Back, the 2016 Believe CHOC COW MT RACE

The BELIEVE PROJECT has proudly hosted a number of very successful golf days and Mountain Bike races. All proceeds from each of these events have gone to CHOC. Our next event is our 6th Annual Mountain Bike race to be held at Northern Farm on the 17th of September 2016.

www.believeproject.co.za

Only online entries to receive goodie bags, SA Seeding event

The Believe CHOC COW Mtb Race 2016

Northern Farm, 17th of September

All proceeds to the CHOC COWS, in aid of Children living with Cancer.

5km, 25km, 10km and 1km

Go to Event Page

hubevents-27169-0-67182600-1459417677_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

To all you guys and girls that have done this race before. How technical is the 50km route? I'm assuming most of it is run on the black route and the website describes the route as having "some major obstacles". I'm a roadie who really enjoys a spin on my MTB bike a couple of times a month, but my technical skills are not what they should be. I did the 50km USN ride at the Big Red Barn a while back and found that to be manageable. How does Northern Farm compare?

I consider NF my home course so to speak - I wont call it too technical but you do need some skill for some of the sections, none are particularly life threatening so to speak but you do need to be able to handle the bike. I also don't think they will take the race through all the sections I am referring to so it should be fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

is there going to be late entries and prizes to be won ???

Late entries available at the venue, not sure about prizes for the winners, I assume there would be, not that it concerns me as I'm no race snake, what I do know however is that there is a prize for the best dressed cyclist.

I see that this race is being timed by SS timing - does that mean that it contributes to your seeding?  any idea?

Most enjoyable event.

Northern farm probably my least favorite venue, but the spirit of the event made up for it. A lekker event where the cows could let their udders hang out a little and have some fun.

Well done all.

The Fossils tandem loved the shorter (25km) route. Nicely balanced  without being too tight in the turns although I had to make the front wheel turn out of some corners so that the back wheel could track true. Unfortunately we could not get any air on the 'yumps' - too many riders to get the necessary speed up. Thanks Cows for a pleasant event.