Reba vs Revelation vs Pike?

SSCC

If you have ridden more then one of these forks what has been your impressions? Worth the extra coin to go from Reba to Pike? Looking at travel in the 120 to 130 range.

doubt you can compare the reba to the others,

if you looking at 120-130 then the newer revalation should be just fine, especially compared to the current pricing of the pike, however the pike is the pike is THE PIKE!

I currently have both a revelation 140mm dual air and a pike 160mm rct3 on bikes.

I'm still playing with the setup on the pike, it seems to be a bit rough in the fast bumpy stuff where the revelation is very smooth. I've put 2 tokens in the pike and dropped the pressure which seems to have helped a lot. The pike definitely has way less flex than the revelation but then my revelation is a qr and the pike 15mm ta.

Have gone from 140 Revelation to 140 Pike. Very impressed with the Pike, but also loved my Revelation. In short if your budget can stretch to Pike go for it, otherwise go Revelation.

Tom

If you have ridden more then one of these forks what has been your impressions? Worth the extra coin to go from Reba to Pike? Looking at travel in the 120 to 130 range.

This depends on your riding and going from Reba to Pike is a massive jump. If your bike came out with a Reba then it's most likely a XC bike or light trail bike so the jump to Revelation would be suffient

I suppose the big question is this..

Does the feel actually impact on the performance for MOST of us out there?

So is spending twice as much going to really make any difference to your performance?

Most guys are poep scared to hit the black line at Jonkers yet my Rev 140mm handles that line flawlessly. Yet my Fox 34mm 16omm factory feel more plush and less flexi.

However the same rider with the same setup just different forks has the same stoke, the same times and the same ability to get to the bottom in one piece whooping with glee...

So maybe buy the Rev and treat your missus to a beautiful something with the extra cash.

That way you will be allowed to ride more, thus winning overall

If you're going to buy new you could also consider the Yari. The stiffness of the pike

(35mm stanchions) in travel options from 120 - 180 and it ironically enough the same motion control damper found in the lighter revelation. Its cheaper than the pike too. 

RockShox-Yari-RC-Solo-Air-27-5-Federgabe

TBH i think that only a hand full of riders would be able to tell the difference and/or do justice to the pikes capabilities. Hell if someone slapped a pike sticker on a yari I would be lying if I said I wouldn't be fooled by it.

Reba to Pike RCT3 is a substantial upgrade in feel, control and stiffness. But a Revelation is also good for the moderate travel you propose and if you are a light to medium rider.

Go Pike if you see hard trail shredding and enduro events in your future.

Give us more info why you're feeling limited by the Reba. It is a good reliable fork.

Reba to Pike RCT3 is a substantial upgrade in feel, control and stiffness. But a Revelation is also good for the moderate travel you propose and if you are a light to medium rider.

Go Pike if you see hard trail shredding and enduro events in your future.

Give us more info why you're feeling limited by the Reba. It is a good reliable fork.

Thanks for all the replys.

I currently have a Fox 32 100mm on there. I want more travel so am looking at 120 to 130 forks. The Fox is a good fork but I do feel it can get overwhelmed at speed through a rock garden. I also like the idea of slackening the head tube angle a bit.

Have owned revelation & pike. And must say mrp for the win hands down. Have the new fox factory kashima 120 mm,and the mrp kills it. Albeit I am having issues with and have sent it back.

But I can't see it being better than the mrp loop or stage . The loop,in 120 mm is truly brilliant . Super plush with excellent small bump compliance.

Just my view though.

i had a 140mm revelation solo air for about 2 years before getting a 150mm Pike RCT3 solo air. More travel aside, there were 3 perceptible differences for me: effect of rapid recovery in the Pike during the rebound stroke , which feels better than the Revelation, and the damping of the pike under high speed, rough conditions. Under those conditions, the Revelation felt very slightly harsher than the Pike. This likely due to the difference in performance of the charger damper in the Pike versus the mission control in the Revelation.

The last perceptible difference was the flex in the Revelation vs the lack of similar feeling in the Pike.

I've deliberately used the word perceptible,because really there was nothing the Pike could do that I couldn't do comfortably and confidently on the Revelation,despite the reduced travel of the latter. That is to say, the differences are really minor, except when it comes to price.

Back then, the revelation cost me R5500 from Action Cycling. In comparison to the Pike was almost double that. So with minor differences you get incredible value for money from the Revelation. It is really that good.

Thanks for all the replys.

I currently have a Fox 32 100mm on there. I want more travel so am looking at 120 to 130 forks. The Fox is a good fork but I do feel it can get overwhelmed at speed through a rock garden. I also like the idea of slackening the head tube angle a bit.

the mrp excels in rock gardens.

i had a 140mm revelation solo air for about 2 years before getting a 150mm Pike RCT3 solo air. More travel aside, there were 3 perceptible differences for me: effect of rapid recovery in the Pike during the rebound stroke , which feels better than the Revelation, and the damping of the pike under high speed, rough conditions. Under those conditions, the Revelation felt very slightly harsher than the Pike. This likely due to the difference in performance of the charger damper in the Pike versus the mission control in the Revelation.

The last perceptible difference was the flex in the Revelation vs the lack of similar feeling in the Pike.

I've deliberately used the word perceptible,because really there was nothing the Pike could do that I couldn't do comfortably and confidently on the Revelation,despite the reduced travel of the latter. That is to say, the differences are really minor, except when it comes to price.

Back then, the revelation cost me R5500 from Action Cycling. In comparison to the Pike was almost double that. So with minor differences you get incredible value for money from the Revelation. It is really that good.

The revelation must be one of the best value for money forks.

I you are going for 120mm i really recommend getting a revelation RCT3. I have one in 120 on my tallboy cc and it just rips. So smooth. Really good value for money imo.

Archived