Slider silverback 2

Thibor

Hi guys, any reviews on the slider 2? Few reviews on internet. I heard it is a killer trail machine but can it do XC? I can have a brand new one for 19k.. Does it worth it? I initially wanted a giant trance 2 second hand which come around the same price.

Thks

In my opinion it will be a nice bike fitting more or less between the anthem and the trance. Don't think you can go wrong with the silverback. And it will have a warranty to boot

thanks for the feedbacks guys! I did check the review of the slide 1 which is a bit higher spec comparing to the slider 2. My biggest fear is the weight, 13.4kg it is starting to be heavy, I m doing quite a lot of climb

I have a Sprada 2, the 29" version of that bike. You will love it. I should have gone for the 650b.

You must add a dropper post, great enduro bike and climbs very well.

I have the Silverback Sprada 1. Not exactly the same as the Slider, but same manufacturer and they share some components. Absolutely great back. I couldn't have been happier with my choice. That bike has taken me some places and always makes me grin after some singletracks. You won't regret it.

thanks for the feedbacks guys! I did check the review of the slide 1 which is a bit higher spec comparing to the slider 2. My biggest fear is the weight, 13.4kg it is starting to be heavy, I m doing quite a lot of climb

Weight should only be a issue on longer climbs. In general I have found that the Silverback bikes are great climbers and way fun on the descents too. Don't think you'll be let down by the Slider in any way.

I've been riding a Slider 2 for nearly 2 months now having moved from being a staunch GT rider for the past 18 years. It's quite hilly terrain around here and find the Slider 2 climbs really well and the 2x10 ratios providing well spaced ratios with plenty of range for the long grind up and the flat out spin back down. The 13.4Kg weight is not even worth worrying about.

Downhill and single track handling is great the 27.5" very precise and stable the 140mmx135mm travel just inhaling the big hits. I'm totally rapped in the bike. No regrets in leaving GT behind.

I'm sure you'd have no regrets in choosing a Slider 2 either.

My bike is about 2kg more than that and climbing is not an issue...At least not that I find :)