Subaru Trail Hunter

The Flying German

Good morning Fellow Hubbers

I was just wondering to those who have done this how technical is the 38 km and what kind of trail is it is it mostly single track or farm roads ? is it a fast track ? How much elevation ?

Much appreciated as always

I did the trailrun on the same trails, and it was really nice, but we did  a lot of gravelroads as well

However the organisers said the next event will be 100% trail

Howzit TFG,

It is quite a chilled race. The 38 is not difficult at all. One or 2 rocky climbs, not that steap or long. A fair bit of gravel road and even some tar. There is some lekke single track from kilo 23-33. 

post-52018-0-81714200-1459853989_thumb.png

You can see that there is quite a lot of straight gravel\tar riding. Inside that blue circle you'll find all the fun.

Spoke to Ruan (organiser) after the race and apparently some people moaned it was to technical and hard (see blue circle). I think we can expect a revised route come 23 Apr. Maybe even more straight lines with tar. Thinking of borrowing a CX bike... ;)

You can also do a seach on Facebrook for Subaru Trail Hunter series. There you'll find 200+ photos of the last race taken by Esther Louw.

See you there.  :thumbup:

Is this different than the Subaru Trail Seeker? The one that starts at Leribisi Lodge? 

It's the Nissan Trailseeker...

It was the Subaru Trail Blazer series and then changed to Hunter. 

But yes, it is that race that starts at Leribisi lodge

I must thank you for all your info Edgar much appreciated tell me do you know what the elevation is ?

563m for the 38\39\40 and 950m for the 66\67\68\69

• 3 weeks later...

Did the 60km race today. Biggest benefit is the proximity to Pretoria. I enjoyed the predominantly "dirt road" route.

They were giving someone CPR near the end, hope he is ok.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've also done the first Subaru race, however I think the www.bouttime.co.za together with Navworld races are better organised, nicer routes and you get more bang for your buck and it usually goes towards a charity, especially with the annual WTF event(HUGE prizes and boerie & beer for all finishers!!! Then another and another beer). The Kaia Manzi is next with its own pump-track as part of the route, can't wait!!! These guys don't try to cut costs....

I've also done the first Subaru race, however I think the www.bouttime.co.za together with Navworld races are better organised, nicer routes and you get more bang for your buck and it usually goes towards a charity, especially with the annual WTF event(HUGE prizes and boerie & beer for all finishers!!! Then another and another beer). The Kaia Manzi is next with its own pump-track as part of the route, can't wait!!! These guys don't try to cut costs....

Bouttime.co.za website not up yet? Anybody got gpx file for the 35km route?

Thanks

Archived