Omnico/fox is that the best you got?

Pikey

For example:  I have Easton EA90XC wheels with the M1 hubs.  In 2013 Easton offered a free bearing upgrade kit with spacers to all customers that bought these to fix a problem with it's bearing setup.  I am still waiting for mine from Omnico.  If I phone them today they will probably act like they know nothing of it, and probably charge me an insane price for such a kit.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My X-fusion fork used to have the same issue.  After a few rides it would just start hitting its top at about 50-60% of its travel.

Turns out the u-cup seal it came with standard was too weak or something to withstand repeated hits at those pressures, resulting in some air moving from one chamber to the other in the damper - this caused an air bumper, restricting travel.

X-fusion's local distributors have now taken advice from the US guys and on their recommendation installed an X-fusion shock seal which is supposed to handle far higher pressures.  This is the seal they are now building their forks with, and I must say, so far so good.  It's holding fine and it's been a while with usual riding.

So what I'm saying is, it sounds like the damper is obviously buggered and that should be a replacement without any questions asked.

Imagine if people actually did service in this Country?  Man, they might even make some money...

At least x-fusions local distributors came to the party and found out what the issue was kudos to them.

But you are so right about customer service. Most of us don't have the time or energy to fight cr@p like this so we just except it.

Glad your fork got sorted ????.... That's all we ask ,to get what we paid for.

Wow am i feeling happy now I didn't go the Fox route when I was asking what to buy recently.

I have a new Revelation sitting in the garage waiting for fitment.

Hope you come right.

Thing is it appears people like Omnico don't give a toss about local opinion nor support which totally debunks the myth of buy local and get warranty....

you did the right thing buying rs,damn I wishing I had gone the same route.

If omnico are telling that the fork is right and there are no issues with it. Then I'm afraid there new fit 4 has gone backwards.

Morning gents,
I thought that I was alone with my problems with Omnico. They are just bloody useless with no commitment to their customers at all. I have been waiting since July 2015 for a replacement Cannondale frame that had cracked.
I love my Cannondale and think that they are the best but would never ever recommend the brand to anybody because of the lack of support from the importers.
Regards and good luck with the fork
Sarge

For example:  I have Easton EA90XC wheels with the M1 hubs.  In 2013 Easton offered a free bearing upgrade kit with spacers to all customers that bought these to fix a problem with it's bearing setup.  I am still waiting for mine from Omnico.  If I phone them today they will probably act like they know nothing of it, and probably charge me an insane price for such a kit.

i feel like I could be banging my head on the wall with this one.

I also have a brand new set of Easton's on this build. What a lesson I could get taught with this bike ????

Did omnico even reply to you? Or did you get blanked ?

i feel like I could be banging my head on the wall with this one.

I also have a brand new set of Easton's on this build. What a lesson I could get taught with this bike

Did omnico even reply to you? Or did you get blanked ?

And they wonder why we rather get grey products or import from crc. Supposedly you get better backup if you buy from official distributors...pah 

Morning gents,I thought that I was alone with my problems with Omnico. They are just bloody useless with no commitment to their customers at all. I have been waiting since July 2016 for a replacement Cannondale frame that had cracked.I love my Cannondale and think that they are the best but would never ever recommend the brand to anybody because of the lack of support from the importers.Regards and good luck with the forkSarge

you mean July 2015? If that's the case,that's just taking the pi$$. How do they still get business ? If I treat my customers like that,they gone immediately to the opposition.

I won't leave leave this.

you mean July 2015? If that's the case,that's just taking the pi$$. How do they still get business ? If I treat my customers like that,they gone immediately to the opposition.

I won't leave leave this.

Nice one.....maak vir hulle skade. They mos think since they have the monopoly on certain brands they have to add zero value in the chain. WRONG

And they wonder why we rather get grey products or import from crc. Supposedly you get better backup if you buy from official distributors...pah

yea exactly,and as far as I have heard never an issue with an exchange . Might cost you shipping etc but at least you get what you paid for ,a working product.

Nice one.....maak vir hulle skade. They mos think since they have the monopoly on certain brands they have to add zero value in the chain. WRONG

Thats exactly at in a nut shell. On the money.

Yip Pikey,

Eight months now. If I had had the bucks I would have told them to shove it and moved on, but.....I live in hope.

Sarge

Yip Pikey,

Eight months now. If I had had the bucks I would have told them to shove it and moved on, but.....I live in hope.

Sarge

omnico you should be ashamed of yourself.... No wonder there is so much slander when your name is mentioned.

Sorry bud that's really k@k,no bike for that long. Omnico clearly do not run there business with any moral standards.

The whole "buy local" spiel is just a euphemism for protectionist commie laziness.  I go where my buck is best served.  If it happens to be local (as my up and coming build will be), then that's because the beneficiary has a no BS reputation. 

But I owe no one my patronage (as little as it may be).

The whole "buy local" spiel is just a euphemism for protectionist commie laziness.  I go where my buck is best served.  If it happens to be local (as my up and coming build will be), then that's because the beneficiary has a no BS reputation. 

But I owe no one my patronage (as little as it may be).

To true ,vote with your wallet. And those you can trust.

Archived