Buying a new Titan Elite 29er

kOOsi3

Hi! Guys

So I just want your honest opinions regarding the purchase of a new Titan Elite 29er? I've been looking to buy a bike on the hub for the past 3-4 months and only now I'm ready to actually buy the bike. This would be my 1st bike purchase and have been reading a lot lately about entry level bikes. Seeing that Bicycling recently reviewed a few race ready bikes where the Titan came up top, I came across a good deal IMO.

I can get a brand new Titan Elite 29er with tubeless conversion (and bottle cage :D) for R13500. It is a bit above my budget but I think for the components this bike has in comparison with any other new bike out there, the price is difficult to beat. I also want to support my LBS and build a good relationship for the future riding to come. Here is the link and spec:

http://www.titanracingbikes.com/29er_mens_elite.html

Frame: Titan Hydroformed X7 Disc Frame Rear Shock: N/A Front Fork: Rockshox XC30 Solo Air TK Lockout Wheels: Titan 29R Disc Hubs: Alloy Disc Q/R Brakes: Shimano M395 180/160mm Shifters: Shimano SLX 2 x 10 F-Derailleur: Shimano SLX R-Derailleur: Shimano SLX Chain Wheel: Shimano Deore 38-24T (SLX)post-87150-0-95798600-1461486606_thumb.png Cassette: Not Specified Tyres: Racing Ralph Performance Wire 29″ x 2.25″ Saddle: Selle Royal Seta SI Seatpost: Titan Comp Handlebar: Titan Flat Bar 660mm Stem: Titan Comp Pedals: N/A Weight: Not Specified

I would appreciate the comments. Thanks in advance

It's a good bike. Slx components are really good, could get much better value second hand however, but I'm guessing you want to buy new , so value for money I think you looking at the right bike

Great bike. SLX is an awesome groupset. You haven't said what your riding plans are but as your first bike I think this is a great bike.

My riding style would probably lean towards stage racing in the future. Currently it's all new to me and would want to get fit and do some racing when I feel comfortable, but not very competitive. I like singletrack but no big downhill stuff.

I know buying second hand might definitely get me better components etc, but I feel for the price new it might be a better option. Being new to MTB I don't have the best knowledge to know what to look for when buying second hand. The other thing is I'm in gansbaai, so traveling is already an issue just to view bikes. Thanks for the replies thus far.

Hi there kOOsi3,when and where are you planning on buying the bike.

If you want I could have a look at my LBS,they are Scott dealersand have really good prices on bikes.Might just find something with same spec for less.

There is a guy in Gansbaai who is an avid cyclist and is known here on the BikeHub as Goosebay,you could maybe also speak to him to get some advice.

I will be coming to Gansbaai end of next month,if youve been sorted with a bike by then we can maybe go have a ride together.

Just a thought,is there any spesific reason why you are not purchasing a bike from Oom Pottie from Bay Cycles?

Hi there kOOsi3,when and where are you planning on buying the bike.

If you want I could have a look at my LBS,they are Scott dealersand have really good prices on bikes.Might just find something with same spec for less.

There is a guy in Gansbaai who is an avid cyclist and is known here on the BikeHub as Goosebay,you could maybe also speak to him to get some advice.

I will be coming to Gansbaai end of next month,if youve been sorted with a bike by then we can maybe go have a ride together.

Just a thought,is there any spesific reason why you are not purchasing a bike from Oom Pottie from Bay Cycles?

I will have a look thanks. I really want to support oom Pottie, but I've asked him for prices for a few bikes and it feels like he can't do any specials or nice packages. I'll give him a try and see what price he can get for the same bike. The problem is the shop where I want to buy (Euodia Cycles Hermanus) bought all the large frame Titans that was still available because of the good price. There isn't any at the suppliers in JHB. Will be nice to go for a ride. Send me a PM if you are in the area.

Oom Pottie mostly deals with Omnico and whoever distribute Silverback,so he probably wont be able to help you with a good price on a Titan.

I live in Worcester,a bit far from you,so refering you to my LBS will be a little bit of shlep for you.Think youre better of buying from Euodia as they will be youre LBS aswell.

Regardless of that I will have a look at my LBS tomorrow and PM you if I see something worthwile.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Had a look at my LBS for you and although they have good prices on decent bikes their prices arent good enough to make it worth youre while to buy here.

Still looks like Euodia will be youre best bet.Best of luck with youre purchase.

Archived