[Event] Spur Schools MTB League: MPU Highveld #1

spurmtbleague

Event Name: Spur Schools MTB League: MPU Highveld #1
When: 20 August 2016
Where: Curro Bankenveld, Witbank, Mpumulanga
Category: MTB

8 years into the Spur High School Mountain Bike League and we are seeing over 10 000 scholars from more than 480 schools participating in Leagues around South Africa. This cross-country race format increases in popularity annually as riders rack up points across four races in order for their school to qualify for the National Final which is held in Magaliesburg in October each year. Teams such as Namibia, Zimbabwe and Zambia join at the High School Final’s starting line where age-group champions are determined among boys and girls from 14 – 18 years old. Although primarily a High School League, primary schools have been included in the regional League events in order to form a healthy feeder system for the growing sport. Now known as the biggest high school cycling program in world Spur Steak Ranches proudly and continually support this truly impressive cycling initiative.

Go to Event Page

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

Your children's school need to enter their team and your children needs to be part of the school team. As far as I know a child can't enter on an individual basis.

Contact MTBZA on their website as they seem to be running the race entries etc.

Hi

Your children's school need to enter their team and your children needs to be part of the school team. As far as I know a child can't enter on an individual basis.

Contact MTBZA on their website as they seem to be running the race entries etc.

Yip.. they have an app.. easy peasy.

My wife and her team started building the track today. Slightly different from last year's. 

Edited by I FLY

• 2 months later...

As was the case last year, the scholars who took part in this race last Saturday did not drop any litter along the route.

Apart from a few waterbottles dropped on the rockier sections I did not find one piece of litter when we cleared the markers after the race.

The majority of the race took place in our wildlife reserve and we would not get permission to use it again if one of our animals died after eating any foreign matter

As was the case last year, the scholars who took part in this race last Saturday did not drop any litter along the route.

Apart from a few waterbottles dropped on the rockier sections I did not find one piece of litter when we cleared the markers after the race.

The majority of the race took place in our wildlife reserve and we would not get permission to use it again if one of our animals died after eating any foreign matter

The youth leading by example, good stuff