looking for XT/XTR FD M8025 E type but top pull

wapad

I'm looking for the above front derailleur

I can find a down pull but not the top pull ... does the dual pull work from the top.

I have trolled the Shimano sites stukkend !!! I have gone to a 24/34 crank from 26/38 and my M985 is not quite right due to the bump from small to big.

the e-type has the 2 mount holes so if you know.

fits to my Pivot Mach 429

the spacing on my M985 is to high, it normally needs/allows  only about 1-2mm the adjustment runs from 42 down to 38

not sure if you're being cynical but 34 only came out this year or last so new FD required, the new FD only allows a 10 tooth spread.

If you are running 2x why go as small as 34 on the big ring, that gearing is so low you as well harden up just a touch more and go 1x with the 34. I see no point of going below 36 on the big ring, unless you have a special need like most of your riding is up 45 degree inclines.

Suppose I should ask, why did you choose 34/24, first time I have heard of someone using that ratio?

34t has been available, normally as a middle ring, since 9speed days if not well before that, not new at all.

for myself I had 36 but then you never really need that top end without paying the price in the legs. 34 is insurance and comfort for the top end and 24/36 is insurance for the climbing

24/40 would be extreme I think.

an XT 11spd cassette is 450g and more not sure why one would want that extra rotational weight on a wheel if we are to believe the weight gurus

I think 11 spd cassettes will get chomped with what I think will be extra gear changes

for myself I had 36 but then you never really need that top end without paying the price in the legs. 34 is insurance and comfort for the top end and 24/36 is insurance for the climbing

24/40 would be extreme I think.

an XT 11spd cassette is 450g and more not sure why one would want that extra rotational weight on a wheel if we are to believe the weight gurus

I think 11 spd cassettes will get chomped with what I think will be extra gear changes

Umm slightly OT but just something to think about wrt weight and spun mass

The cassette is at the centre of the wheel so it doesn't really factor in too much when it come to spun mass. Sure its deadweights but - if you are a real weight weenie (which when looking at 450g you must be) then spend the extra cash but what you want to save is the weight on the rims not at the centre. So take the extra bucks and buy some lightweight carbon hoops. 

Levers, laws of motion etc all apply.

no Not a weight weenie, but the apparent savings to go 1 X which for me looks like the only advantage, over the utility of 20 gear options.

my point was I didn't see the need for the 11 spd cluster if I have I have a 24/36

I have decent enough wheels and my bike is 11.8 ish which for me is fine. I get your point of levers and motion etc

Archived