[Event] Nissan Trailseeker GP #2 HAZELDEAN

VeloErv

What makes this race hard is when you do find a downhill where you would normally be able to freewheel down, the bloody wind bloes at gail force into your face and you have to keep pedalling to keep moving.

This was a pedalfest...and I loved it!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MUCH easier Marathon than last year. The wind made it tough in the first couple of km's. To Mr H-Batch announcing himself to everyone he caught, have you finished yet?

Edited by 428 others

Was my first race for the year. Enjoyed it. Kind of happy that I walked the steep climb after I saw how long it was (had to dismount because of all the walkers walking on the easy line, when are people going to learn!). Was a bit tricky merging with the 10km or 20km groups in the last 3km (man I forgot how slow they can be!).

Was there any food stalls at the end? I only found the coffee and craft beer, and then decided to leave.

How was the traffic getting out? This time I cycled rather than waiting for my wife to pick me up, really did not see too much traffic at 11:30.

Marathon was pretty flat and dusty but well organised. A fun morning out for sure.

A few folk struggled and bailed in the thick sand but were fortunately not hurt.

Nice to burn off some Winter blubber ;)

if you are in a men or ladies you should be able to ride up the rocky single track climb not walk. swak man. if not there are other batches for you tannie.and track means get out of the way.

Did the full marathon, very well marked,had a blast (wind sucked,but hey,thats cycling) and finished with 3:02:00( nice and fast). kudos to the advendurance team,seems like the timing issue that was experienced on the lionman is sorted out,great stuff. The only issue experienced was the merging of the routes,if only it was possible for the kid's and fun race to merge seperately from the half and full marathon. Overall,had a blast of a day.

Edited by corriekuilder

Did the full marathon, very well marked,had a blast (wind sucked,but hey,thats cycling) and finished with 3:02:00( nice and fast). kudos to the advendurance team,seems like the timing issue that was experienced on the lionman is sorted out,great stuff. The only issue experienced was the merging of the routes,if only it was possible for the kid's and fun race to merge seperately from the half and full marathon. Overall,had a blast of a day.

Agreed, don't think 10 and 70 should merge

Edited by 428 others

My second race, after VG marathon. Happy to learn not all MTB marathons are that tough. 

Slightly boring, winding course, but generally decent. Thanks.

Started in C batch. Can't believe how many people in front had to walk the rocky climb, and chose to do so up the middle of the path. 

And thanks to the Exxaro rider for a little push towards the end. Seemed like he was having technical issues and had gas to spare. Legend.

if you are in a men or ladies you should be able to ride up the rocky single track climb not walk. swak man. if not there are other batches for you tannie.and track means get out of the way.

Uhm, what are you doing behind the "tannie" hmmm?

It is people like u that don't respect other riders. Everyone is there to do there race. For all you know she could easily have made a mishap and that happens to even elite riders. And to climb back on your bike while on a technical incline is VERY difficult. And to shout "track" does not imply that the rider in front of you should jump out of the way, he/she should only do so if it is safe for the rider at the time.

It is people like u that don't respect other riders. Everyone is there to do there race. For all you know she could easily have made a mishap and that happens to even elite riders. And to climb back on your bike while on a technical incline is VERY difficult. And to shout "track" does not imply that the rider in front of you should jump out of the way, he/she should only do so if it is safe for the rider at the time.

I do respect other riders for one. And two I saw her before the little dip and climb off to walk thru. Her man in front gave way to track she just kept walking...more than enough safe space..

I think he meant to say the "tannie" cost him the race win ...... ?

the Tannie cost me walking on my carbon sidi's bru! Haha

Something going wrong with your seeding. Not placed in A batch????

can not believe it either dude. Like why is nico and them in front of me?haha