Can Shimano 2x10spd FCM785 crank be used for 11spd?

Gerhardc

1 set of 2mm spacers that comes with the kalbo but I'm going to be putting in more. Just want to make the chainline a little better for the easy gears

Hey Captain, I'm assuming you have the ring mounted on the inside of the 2*10 crank (obvious I guess if you want to make the easier gears have a better chainline) .... with the extra spacers is there not a risk of creating a weak point and with your considerable wattage that there may well be a catastrophic failure at some time in the future?

*just concerned about your wellbeing*

Hey Captain, I'm assuming you have the ring mounted on the inside of the 2*10 crank (obvious I guess if you want to make the easier gears have a better chainline) .... with the extra spacers is there not a risk of creating a weak point and with your considerable wattage that there may well be a catastrophic failure at some time in the future?

*just concerned about your wellbeing*

Rofl. Considerable wattage. More like considerable fattage!

Potentially, maybe. And yeah on the inside. But I'm sure the shear strength of the 4 bolts will be high enough to withstand my legs.

Thanks. Will put some in as the chain line doesn't look nice when on the 42 t

Depending on the BB type you can also add or remove BB spacers to adjust chainline.

I read somewhere you can still use your 10spd chainring with 1x11 conversion. True or not?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Depending on the BB type you can also add or remove BB spacers to adjust chainline.

I read somewhere you can still use your 10spd chainring with 1x11 conversion. True or not?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

True. And yeah, but no spacers on mine. Meh

Archived