iSimangaliso Wetland Park MTB

TheBritishTwit

Hi Guys 

I'm new to stages races, especially MTB stages racers and just wanted to know if anyone has done this race and if its any good?

Thanks for the help.

Friend of mine did it 2 years ago, he loved it. Don't think it's very technical or hilly, at least compared to other stage races. Lots of sand in places I've heard. But the scenery you ride through is beautiful 

It's an awesome ride through some amazing areas. Some great natural trails through game reserves. Cool, relaxed vibe.

• 1 month later...

If anyone is looking for bike transport to the Isimangaliso 4 day in August and back again, we have space to the start in St Lucia for you, your bag and your bike from Bedfordview in Johannesburg and transport back from the finish in Mantuma on the Sunday. Or just your bike and bag. 

I have done it the last 2 years, Its a flippen brilliant race, very well organized and really alot of fun, 

Leave some in the tank for the last day, Its a beast !

post-42072-0-79449600-1468311262_thumb.jpg

post-42072-0-68714300-1468311265_thumb.jpg

post-42072-0-13639600-1468311268_thumb.jpg

I have done it the last 2 years, Its a flippen brilliant race, very well organized and really alot of fun, 

Leave some in the tank for the last day, Its a beast !

yup according to the profile its 1 km elevation over 45 km or something stupid

my 2 friends are doing it - so proud of them, from weekend warriors (well at least one of them) - they've been hard at training. 

The write ups have been really cool - I'm jealous.

yup according to the profile its 1 km elevation over 45 km or something stupid

Yes but its actually worse , all the climbing happens in between 10km and 25 km ,its almost breaks you,  the rest is all down hill which makes up for the sufferfest 

Archived