[Event] Subaru Trail Hunter #4 Presented By Woodlands Boulevard

roetsels

Event Name: Subaru Trail Hunter #4 Presented By Woodlands Boulevard
When: 18 June 2016
Where: Leribisi Lodge, Gauteng
Category: MTB

Biggest and fastest growing mountain bike event in Pretoria.

10Km outside Pretoria at a venue that is safe and supporter friendly, the whole family, racing snakes included.

Distances and Start Times

60Km- 08H00

38KM- 08H20

20Km- 08H40

Day entries and number collection from 06H00

Go to Event Page

Will also be there... for the 60km. Does anyone know if the route will be the same as the previous one?

Edited by Surprize

Sadly too many places to take short cut and then inaccurate results in the end, even for some top places in the 60km.

Nettie - if taking shortcuts to better ones time is how some do it then they are only fooling themselves. By just going straight at the one right-hand turn you could have chopped the 10km of rock garden out, for example. On a small event like this those that wish to cheat will have to put up and show when they get to a real tester and see their arse. I race to improve my PB and feel happy when I do it and have my own little system to compare events using distance, climb and difficulty so if someone feels the need to cheat they only cheating themselves.

Sadly too many places to take short cut and then inaccurate results in the end, even for some top places in the 60km.

I followed the markers - which were clear and visible - and had a good ride. I did hit a rock with my shin at km26 of 38 . Luckily managed to complete the race (whilst still following the designated route albeit moving to the side for the more able riders to pass ) before spending the rest of Saturday in hospital. No broken bones just tissue damage and swelling. Thanks to those who helped me and to those who offered too.

My point:

I did the race/ride because I wanted to.

I followed the routes and rules because I wanted to.

I finished because I wanted to... and because pain induced adrenaline told me to.

I did not cheat, because that's stupid and only fools ones self.

Hopefully I will be back on my bike soon.

To the cheaters, mmmm well...

Edited by slickandtyred

Really enjoyed the race, we did the 60 km route.

Legs didnt enjoy the cool windy start though!

We saw around 10 people go straight on where the route turned right, small red Subaru sign on the grass and white markings on the ground so not sure how they missed it.

Really enjoyed the rocky single track sections, the rolling hills after that to the end..not so much!