New singletrack in Lebanon, Grabouw

Dan Dob

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and I am too scared to ask RE the "Body Building Elf"!!!

Comes from a Bloodhound Gang Lyric "...short and hard like a body building elf". Trail is yet to be built but Harry and I know exactly where it's going!

Comes from a Bloodhound Gang Lyric "...short and hard like a body building elf". Trail is yet to be built but Harry and I know exactly where it's going!

thanks for the clarification, google image search seems to have been a little off then :P

thanks for the clarification, google image search seems to have been a little off then :P

though this was the best option I could find

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/02/article-2678303-1F569B2100000578-457_634x461.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We have given the farmers loads of new signage but I'm not sure if it's up yet. Best to download and print our map from iRide Africa/s webpage just to make sure...and if you get lost just explore Exploring and sniffing out singletrack is part of mountain biking!.

Wow, that was fun!!!

Nice work Dan and Harry, I've never been there before but i was completely blown away!

Heading out that way tomorrow. Anyone keen to join me?

Enjoy it's gonna be super awesome!

I rode Lebanon on Saturday morning for the first time also. Lekker solo mission.

Good riding, and great for fitness with a decent mix of jeeptrack climbing and flowy singletrack.

The markings or lack thereof in three spots had me completely lost, checking googlemaps/strava and the printed iRide trailmap to figure out where to go - closer to the end, near the dam.  Normally I just follow tyretracks if I'm not sure, but here I could not figure out where they dissapeared to.

I enjoyed the 3 x tech sections the little rock drop, raking rocks and the black section rocky bits before the winding singletrack, but found the rest of the trails to not offer enough play obstacles to have me going back for more.

Still a good day out though!

I rode Lebanon on Saturday morning for the first time also. Lekker solo mission.

Good riding, and great for fitness with a decent mix of jeeptrack climbing and flowy singletrack.

The markings or lack thereof in three spots had me completely lost, checking googlemaps/strava and the printed iRide trailmap to figure out where to go - closer to the end, near the dam.  Normally I just follow tyretracks if I'm not sure, but here I could not figure out where they dissapeared to.

I enjoyed the 3 x tech sections the little rock drop, raking rocks and the black section rocky bits before the winding singletrack, but found the rest of the trails to not offer enough play obstacles to have me going back for more.

Still a good day out though!

was also there saturday, must of missed you

Were you in one of the BMW's, Polo or the RunX?

I saw the vehicles, but not a single rider anywhere on the trails.  only started around 10:15 - later than planned...

Were you in one of the BMW's, Polo or the RunX?

I saw the vehicles, but not a single rider anywhere on the trails.  only started around 10:15 - later than planned...

ah, the polo mine yes!

yeh we finished up around 10:45

Tx for feedback guys. Will follow up about the signage. Think all the logging is causing havoc but really there's no excuse as we have given them lots of new signage. The place has so much potential and we'll be adding more exciting features and trails in the future-just have to to try and find the time!

The trails on the Old MacDaddy's side are severely *** in my opinion (no flow, eroded and not enough downhill) so our first mission is to make a short cut that can skip that section until we get to fixing that side up. Did any of you get to ride Zambuk trail and Owl's Roost? Would like to know how it's riding as I haven't had the chance to sample it after clearing it!

Archived