Trek Agency ??

Sidmouth

I will always love Trek. I have owned 3 and still own 2 of those. I did how ever let my trusty TR20 BMX go many moons ago and I still haven't forgiven my self. -_-

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm,

Was looking at getting a Trek road bike frame again - so what are you saying?

Are you saying that as Joe Public you are buying directly from Trek as the public?

or that the local distribution has now been taken over by Trek Bicycles themselves and they are still going to market through dealers and LBS's

Hmm,

Was looking at getting a Trek road bike frame again - so what are you saying?

Are you saying that as Joe Public you are buying directly from Trek as the public?

or that the local distribution has now been taken over by Trek Bicycles themselves and they are still going to market through dealers and LBS's

Rather than use an agency to distribute their products, they'll open their own office here and distribute themselves.

The products will still be available through your bike shops.

Many brands are going this way, Specialized, Scott and BMC come to mind.

This is why I dealt with Dark horse directly.  The "Trek dealers" did not know if they were dealers or not.

Ended up with a new build after getting the parts from the UK.  Dark horse would not even entertain my requests.

Terrible bunch of people.

It can only get better.  Stuff Dark horse.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/143933-darkhorse-wheels-the-only-dark-horse-in-south-african-cycling/?hl=dark+horse

• 4 weeks later...

What has been said is true, we are in SA direct, we are busy in the process of securing deals with most of the current Trek dealers as well as signing up new dealers, all of these will be listed on our website which should go live in the next couple of weeks.

Please bear with us as this is a process and it may take a little while to get all of our systems fully operational and on our feet, we have set up warehousing and distribution lines and have stock available to order through the stores, as well as more stock currently on the water. 

As mentioned this a process and no small undertaking, we will publish the necessary contact details of the team that will assist in customer service, warranties and the like in due course.

What has been said is true, we are in SA direct, we are busy...

Welcome to Bike Hub and thanks for the update.

I hope you give Spaz a run for their money! 

Kinda agree with you, love Trek but after 4 or 5 broken MTB frames, i just don't think they work in African conditions, 

Kinda agree with you, love Tek but after 4 or 5 broken MTB frames, i just don't think they work in African conditions, 

Trek bikes are made for all conditions and all riders, hence the reason for the move into SA - to better serve any customer on our product.

Kinda agree with you, love Trek but after 4 or 5 broken MTB frames, i just don't think they work in African conditions, 

Im on my 3rd trek.

2009 fuel ex 8, service me well untill stolen.

2011 remedy 9,9 still service me well after hard life

2015 fuel ex 9.8 27.5. I did wp gravity enduro other day and it blown my mind what it can take and do with only 120mm travel. 

Trek bikes are made for all conditions and all riders, hence the reason for the move into SA - to better serve any customer on our product.

growing up I always thought Trek were a local brand, uh mean we had that blerrie Great Trek shoved down our throats by the man - when are you going to bring out a GROOT model?

All of this is a ruse to pretend like the adventures of the Starship Venterprise are relevant to this thread

Archived