2017 Specialized Epic Hardtail

Milkman

It seems that Specialized is changing their hardtail line-up for 2017 . The Stumpjumper name , will be more associated with trail riding , and the Epic name will be for cross country racing ( makes sense I suppose ) .

The new S-Works Epic Hardtail will of course be available with all the newest goodies to lure all the aspiring cross country racers out there .

http://www.vojomag.com/news/specialized-epic-hardtail-2017-a-890g/

It seems that the ladies specific Fate will also fall away and a there will be a ladies specific Epic HT rather . Available from XS - L , with even the XS being able to take 2 bottle cages and swat box .

Looking nice , but I am not finding a lot of english articles on the web yet to get more info . From the pics the bike looks like its got a very short chain stay , so should be nice on tight courses ??

post-24797-0-96380300-1468914553_thumb.jpg

Think that colour does nothing for that frame.

Like that there is no bridge on the seatstays. The fork bumper also looks out of place, although necessary.

The price looks @#$% crazy... And it ain't steel...

Think that colour does nothing for that frame.

Like that there is no bridge on the seatstays. The fork bumper also looks out of place, although necessary.

The price looks @#$% crazy... And it ain't steel...

Yip, they borrowed the bridge-less seat-stays from the 2016 Stumpy.

Great idea for a hardtail - much easier to engineer than a dual-susser.

What happened to the paper thin toptube?

Probably lost in the process of making the frame lighter - thus a bigger diameter tube required for strength.

the 2017 ORBEA ALMA very similar colour and coming out with a rigid fork

TOP end hardtail with no suspension!!!

that bike belongs in the Ugly bike thread.

Spez are usually great with their desirability power. miss the mark on this one.