The time has come...

AlanD

Yeah, the trance has a pike, ugraded wheels but still giant hubs and cockpit so not much to do. Only the rear shock may need an upgrade.

Starting to look like the top choice ATM

Edited by AlanD

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trance has a pike and is well sorted.

Sorry i was actually just talking about trances in general. Its a really good buy that one. Pitty the guy didn't change the hubs. To be honest if he had other hubs on at that price i probably would have bought it myself for a second trail bike.

Yeah, the trance has a pike, ugraded wheels but still giant hubs and cockpit so not much to do. Only the rear shock may need an upgrade.

Starting to look like the top choice ATM

If you can get the trance for 25k i have a really nice fox float x you can put on the back. Then you have stayed inside 30k.(if you sell the old shock). Thats a proper sled for 30k. You can always wait to upgrade the rear axle and hub. BUT i say again. If you want a more alround bike look at a long travel 29er.just don't buy the pyga! No offence to the seller but they are very over hyped overpriced bikes.

If you can get the trance for 25k i have a really nice fox float x you can put on the back. Then you have stayed inside 30k.(if you sell the old shock). Thats a proper sled for 30k. You can always wait to upgrade the rear axle and hub. BUT i say again. If you want a more alround bike look at a long travel 29er.just don't buy the pyga! No offence to the seller but they are very over hyped overpriced bikes.

Yeah, gone off the pyga for some reason.

Regarding the 29er..why do you recommend it over a 27.5? I just feel a 29er is just too much for me as I'm not a big chap but then again, I can't make judgment as I've never ridden one.

My concern with the Pike on this Trance is that it's more travel than I actually need. I think a 140mm would have been better but that can be changed right?

Regarding the 29er..why do you recommend it over a 27.5? I just feel a 29er is just too much for me as I'm not a big chap but then again, I can't make judgment as I've never ridden one.

My concern with the Pike on this Trance is that it's more travel than I actually need. I think a 140mm would have been better but that can be changed right?

What is this "more travel than I actually need" thing that you speak of? [emoji23]

Sent from my Nokia 6310i

Long travel 29er not necessarily "better" for everyone and you'll most likely not get one for your budget unless you get a reeeally good deal.

As for 160 at the front. It's worth it,trust me

Mon dieu ???? I assume you've been visited by the PSC by now and suitably chastised ????

Long travel 29er not necessarily "better" for everyone and you'll most likely not get one for your budget unless you get a reeeally good deal.

As for 160 at the front. It's worth it,trust me

Well You've never been wrong on all the suggestions given to me ????

I sure did come across this beauty but its a large and i really am a medium.

Would have loved to tackle Thaba on it.

The offer is there if you want to try a 29r. Sure we could make it fit you for one ride .

Regarding the 29er..why do you recommend it over a 27.5? I just feel a 29er is just too much for me as I'm not a big chap but then again, I can't make judgment as I've never ridden one

I hate 29ers too! Except for my ltc! I think the type of suspension makes a huge difference to wheelsize. The vpp is amazing with the wagen wheels. I would probably trade it for a bronson if i didnt have mates who like to ride xc as well. It also depends where you ride. If Tokai was still there i wouldn't trade my reign or trance for anything but jonkers is great for more all round bikes. BUT THE TRANCE IS DEFINITELY THE BEST VALUE FOR MONEY. AND YOU NEEED ALL THE TRAVEL YOU CAN GET! And i might be keen to swop airsleaves if you do get 160mm travel for my 140mm if you really want to. Its about R1250 for a airsleave

The offer is there if you want to try a 29r. Sure we could make it fit you for one ride .

Just saw the lappy! So nice. Defnitief better deal than the trance. The fork is nice!!! But i agree. Go ride it alan

Beautiful black carbon Rocky mountain dueler 27.5 in perfect condition full XT SPEC  , 2015 model at Recycles in Bellville , R28k and to courier it to you less than R500.00 , HOPE YOU LIKE IT 

post-41238-0-00651100-1469435987_thumb.gif