MTO partners with the FNB Wines2Whales Mountain Bike Events

News bot

MTO could have improved the route experience of w2w by not felling every single tree (big and small) in the Grabouw plantation and destroying the trails in the process.

Hopefully this translates to continuous trail maintenance being done in Grabouw, as the A2Z trail is ruined.

Well if their commitment to the sport as reflected in jonkershoek is anything to go by I'd be dancing for joy instead of criticising...alas, 'tis the way of the Hubber  world.

MTO could have improved the route experience of w2w by not felling every single tree (big and small) in the Grabouw plantation and destroying the trails in the process.

You are aware this is commercial ? Sustainable at that. They will plant more trees soon.

And if you dont enter for 5 years, then the next time you ride the trees will be back. In the meantime I will ride for you. Problem solved. :clap:

You are aware this is commercial ? Sustainable at that. They will plant more trees soon.

And if you dont enter for 5 years, then the next time you ride the trees will be back. In the meantime I will ride for you. Problem solved. :clap:

Ja I have it on good authority that all the logged and burnt forests in Jonkers have already undergone an aggresive re-planting process so in three to five years from now we'll be ripping through nice 3-5m forests all over JOnkers.  Thanks to MTO. 

I understand the commercial aspect, I just don't understand why the small 3-5m tree's also had to go, surely they weren't at a viable age - every standing tree has been chopped. Some just left there, that is the worst part.

I understand the commercial aspect, I just don't understand why the small 3-5m tree's also had to go, surely they weren't at a viable age - every standing tree has been chopped. Some just left there, that is the worst part.

Ping Deanbean - he be a man who knows

But essentially different tree ages different uses.

Some go to paper mills, others for matchsticks, and then a whole range of raw pallet wood in between. 3 - 5 years is a sizable trunk and could have many uses.