SRAM 10 and 11 speed and free hub specs.

awesme

But why get a NX Cassette when you can get an XT cassette? The NX Cassette is a clunker in terms of weight and costs just wee bit less than XT. Even the SLX is cheaper and lighter. This is just considering the Weight-to-Randella ratio.

Where did I mention XT? :)

The SLX cassette is certainly a good option - looked at one the other day and it looks good.

I do have a NX cassette for my 1 x 11 road group, but I still need to have a look at it - was pretty cheap... although I see it is 10 EUR odd more expensive than the slx - mine was bundled with the groupset, so discounted a bit more.

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?__qf_product-list-order-by=&orderby=2&content=7&menu=1000%2C2%2C82&mid%5B931%5D=1&mid%5B70%5D=1&pgc%5B62%5D=8376

(don't forget to change the country to SA)

Where did I mention XT? :)

The SLX cassette is certainly a good option - looked at one the other day and it looks good.

I do have a NX cassette for my 1 x 11 road group, but I still need to have a look at it - was pretty cheap... although I see it is 10 EUR odd more expensive than the slx - mine was bundled with the groupset, so discounted a bit more.

https://www.bike24.com/1.php?__qf_product-list-order-by=&orderby=2&content=7&menu=1000%2C2%2C82&mid%5B931%5D=1&mid%5B70%5D=1&pgc%5B62%5D=8376

(don't forget to change the country to SA)

if it is bundled, then why not. But if you pick here and there, the Shimano cassettes are really good priced.

Then there are the Sunrace cassettes (rapide stocks the 42t). They are cheaper than SLX and lighter than XT!  :eek:  (international pricing). Too good to be true?

They definitely aren't as well machined(?) as Shimano cassettes. Some of the tooth-edges seemed a bit rough. My setup is still relatively new so I don't know what the long term performance would be like. I think (I really don't know) that the big brands like Shimano and SRAM would run a bit smoother and quieter, but someone that know Sunrace better might give a better opinion.

...I do like the hidden red spacers of the cassette that matches my ride's colourway  :thumbup:

I currently have an NX cassette as part of an entire NX drivetrain and the weight penalty to XT/SLX is marginal.

That being said, I'd still run an NX casette purely for aesthetic reasons - the silver Shimano cassettes look naff on my blacked out drivetrain.

However, I'm keeping my eyes out for Shimano's 11-46 cassette - might be a an interesting option once my NX cassette has given the ghost.

if it is bundled, then why not. But if you pick here and there, the Shimano cassettes are really good priced.

Then there are the Sunrace cassettes (rapide stocks the 42t). They are cheaper than SLX and lighter than XT!  :eek:  (international pricing). Too good to be true?

They definitely aren't as well machined(?) as Shimano cassettes. Some of the tooth-edges seemed a bit rough. My setup is still relatively new so I don't know what the long term performance would be like. I think (I really don't know) that the big brands like Shimano and SRAM would run a bit smoother and quieter, but someone that know Sunrace better might give a better opinion.

...I do like the hidden red spacers of the cassette that matches my ride's colourway  :thumbup:

I see sunrace have some options with wider spaceing than 42/11 - 46/11 - but I would be concerned about the gaps between gears being too big - unless you have really strong legs.

http://twowheelstrading.co.za/product/cassette-11-speed-csmx8-wide-ratio/

I currently have an NX cassette as part of an entire NX drivetrain and the weight penalty to XT/SLX is marginal.

That being said, I'd still run an NX casette purely for aesthetic reasons - the silver Shimano cassettes look naff on my blacked out drivetrain.

However, I'm keeping my eyes out for Shimano's 11-46 cassette - might be a an interesting option once my NX cassette has given the ghost.

Black sunrace 11/46? see link on previous post... :)

Just upgraded the SO to SRAM GX. Got a GX shifter, derailleur, X1 chain and paired it with an 11-42 XT cassette as the XD driver for Crankbrothers wheels is mighty pricey! She is running a 30-tooth Raceface front ring. Suffice it to say, the setup is really smooth and shifting is nice and light. I can definitely recommend going this route. 

Nice, but their not really (much) cheaper than Shimano or SRAM.

Black cassettes are like black hair. It may look good at first but with age the silver will start to peek through.

Black cassettes are like black hair. It may look good at first but with age the silver will start to peek through.

Black is just better than gold.... ;)

Once it's dirty it doesn't matter at all....

Archived