UCI Road World Champs 2016 (12-16 October)

Frosty

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swift, Rowe, Thomas, and Cummings all out of the race for Great Britain. A very disappointing ride from a team that were looking to dominate here. They still have Cavendish in the lead group with Blythe but they lack numbers.

Italy have numbers hey,.

Jinne this is looking like Kristoff could really do it.. that finish has his name written all over it..

Would be so cool if Dougall launched a late attack hey.. but I think it will Boonen to make a move inside 1km

Shame you have to admire Greipel hey..

He will try to the very end.. but he has Belgium as company..shame he won't go anywhere

In the meantime Tony Martin calls it

And Degenkolb is trying g to cross.. but all he has is Belgium riders for company.. shame man he isn't going anywhere

Jeez, it's falling apart. So many teams standing on the side of the road after missing the break and pulling out, pointless to carry on in this weather. 

Nic Dougal still up the front for SA. 

Chasing group is @ 1:40 and with the Belgan riders disrupting the chase. I'll give it about another 20kms before the germans give up and most of these sit up and we're fighting the champs out between 25. Blythe dropped, Cav on his own now. 

Holding the champs here in Doha, in such heat, seems to have been driven by dollars more than sense. 

Doha is downright creepy. Where is everyone? What is it all for?

And it's been such a good race hey..

The riders deserve more than this hey

Feeling sorry for Jonny D he's not giving up at all but it's the 2 Belgium riders who are making all kinds of mischief. 

It's a brilliant race so far but it's just a shame that as soon as the splits came riders just pulled the plug and didn't fight or organise concerted efforts with so much distance to go. Shame to see the one and only chase group literally soft peddling in the world champs. 

Feeling sorry for Jonny D he's not giving up at all but it's the 2 Belgium riders who are making all kinds of mischief.

It's a brilliant race so far but it's just a shame that as soon as the splits came riders just pulled the plug and didn't fight or organise concerted efforts with so much distance to go. Shame to see the one and only chase group literally soft peddling in the world champs.

In all fairness.. the Belgiums killed them it was full gas with such a strong bunch.. pity Germany did the have Martin with them.. it maybe would've been different and he could've pulled them back.

Archived