Lyne-Components RAVE!!!!

Enduro_Jakes

Good day fellow Hubbers!

On the 16th of August, BikeHub posted a review on the Lyne Components dropper posts… I read the review and was quite blown away by the reaction they got. I went to their website and checked pricings and honestly couldn’t believe my eyes!!  So after a couple days of consideration, I decided it’s time to get rid of the Reverb (I never did like the hydraulic control and the operation of it was always so forced and uncomfortable, and the maintenance costs are psychotic) and go back to a mechanical dropper…

I sent a mail to Lyne Components on the 23rd of August and got a reply within minutes (this put them top of my list immediately), and after chatting to Derry, who answered every single question I had, my mind was made up… I didn’t want this post…I NEEDED IT!

Sadly they were out of stock on the 30.9, 120mm internal routing and 1xLever upgrade so I asked Derry to please let me know when they will have stock… which he did on the 28th of August (NOTE: This was a SUNDAY!! And he even replied to my order that same night saying it was processed – DEDICATION OF NOTE) with details on how to order and pay…which I did immediately! (Since I had sold my Reverb in record time, I had the funds available)

On the 31st of August I got a call from the mail room, “You have a delivery”, and BOOM, dropper is in my hands. 8 days from the moment I decided I want a post…in that time they got the shipment in, cleared customs and got me my post … 8 days!!! I was blown away!

Had it fitted yesterday and took it for a very short test ride today and I could already tell, I had made the best decision!  It reacts so smoothly and crisp… It feels like quality and weighs next to nothing…and it looks GOOOOD!!!

I have used the Giant Droppers, I have used the Reverbs….and none come close to this post!

And let’s not forget the one thing we lack in South Africa…After sales service… These guys will not leave you wondering…  They will sort you out! Well done Derry and team!!

I will be giving it a proper test run this weekend and will comment my findings on Monday…but so far, I have no doubt that this is only the beginning of a whole new level of happiness on my bike!

Wow, thanks Impressive service. Well done All :clap: .

How about a photo with it on your Bike.

Will upload one after the weekend... I reckon this dropper deserves to be photographed in it's natural habitat, Out on the trails!

• 2 weeks later...

So after a few rides with this post I have to say that I am MASSIVELY impressed! Such smooth action...and the 1xLever upgrade is an awesome addition! Works like a dream!

This post really lives up to the high expectations you guys have set with your customer service!

After using the previous gen Giant Contact dropper and a Rockshox Reverb...I can honestly say that this Lyne dropper wins over them by far!

post-69190-0-72652800-1473585358_thumb.jpg

Glad you've had experience with the 3 as I'm looking at getting a dropper and Lyme was top of the list after reading that review.

Was just a bit sad to find that there isn't an 120mm externally routed 30.9, but they may look at that configuration for their next shipment.

So I was thinking of going to the Giant dropper, but after think I'll wait for the Lyne.

Alternatively.... Anyone routed a dropper internally on a Giant Anthem? 2013 for reference.