Cycling graffiti or cycle path?

Karakoram

I didn't follow the graffiti, I ride a fatbike and only saw it on the small section where the club's trails cross the road. I certainly don't want to spend more time on the tar than absolutely necessary. The graffiti examples I've noticed were painted on road barriers and the road surface. I assume that is a roadie thing, then? AdamA claims that members of the "Ride Club" know what it is about, but not saying any more. Pffft, I suddenly lost interest to know more about the graffiti.

Ja, like that Marx brother said, I'd prefer not to belong to a club that would have me as a member... :-)

Actually, I posted a pic of similar-looking stencil painting over on the cycles lanes thread today. Apparently, it may as well be graffiti...

Hi Karakoram, I actually have no idea what it's about, I was quoting from the 1999 movie 'Fight Club'

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/23069/p23069_p_v8_ad.jpg

Okay, the joke is on me. :) Never seen the movie. Thought you were seriaas about a secret society of lycra-broekdraers. Banksy's graffiti normally has a social message, the example in the photographs are just bicycles, no message really. The picture of note is the one of the three bicycles in a cluster, or was it only a graffiti artist with a stutter?

Okay, the joke is on me. :) Never seen the movie. Thought you were seriaas about a secret society of lycra-broekdraers. Banksy's graffiti normally has a social message, the example in the photographs are just bicycles, no message really. The picture of note is the one of the three bicycles in a cluster, or was it only a graffiti artist with a stutter?

Three is a magical number. Therein lies the answer.

"Ghost bikes" of some sort? Anyone know of any accidents involving cyclists at those points?

Perhaps the three is reminding roadies to ride in single file?

Archived