Cycling graffiti or cycle path?

Karakoram

Last week I noticed a small piece of "street art" or graffiti of a bicycle stencilled on a road-side barrier along Winery Road, near the Raithby village turn in. Asked about it on our club's FB page and other members reported having seen similar bicycles stencilled elsewhere along Winery Road. Another club member spotted a cluster of three bicycles stencilled on the tar surface on the R44 near Streenbas River mouth. Can anybody perhaps clarify the meaning of these icons? Perhaps a cycling route/path of some description?

post-19702-0-55670200-1474262023_thumb.jpg post-19702-0-37387200-1474262247_thumb.jpg

I would tell you but, the first rule of Ride Club is you don't talk about Ride Club!

But if you ride a black bike with black kit and black black black will you then tell us? :ph34r:  :whistling:

But if you ride a black bike with black kit and black black black will you then tell us? :ph34r:  :whistling:

second rule of Ride Club is.... you don't talk about Ride Club!

No, because nobody saw it and it never happened.

How far did you follow the signs for?

I didn't follow the graffiti, I ride a fatbike and only saw it on the small section where the club's trails cross the road. I certainly don't want to spend more time on the tar than absolutely necessary. The graffiti examples I've noticed were painted on road barriers and the road surface. I assume that is a roadie thing, then? AdamA claims that members of the "Ride Club" know what it is about, but not saying any more. Pffft, I suddenly lost interest to know more about the graffiti.

I didn't follow the graffiti, I ride a fatbike and only saw it on the small section where the club's trails cross the road. I certainly don't want to spend more time on the tar than absolutely necessary. The graffiti examples I've noticed were painted on road barriers and the road surface. I assume that is a roadie thing, then? AdamA claims that members of the "Ride Club" know what it is about, but not saying any more. Pffft, I suddenly lost interest to know more about the graffiti.

Hi Karakoram, I actually have no idea what it's about, I was quoting from the 1999 movie 'Fight Club'

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/23069/p23069_p_v8_ad.jpg

Hi Karakoram, I actually have no idea what it's about, I was quoting from the 1999 movie 'Fight Club'

http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/movieposters/23069/p23069_p_v8_ad.jpg

the okes from the Ride Club are going to bliksem you for this

Possibly someone dislikes roadies who spray paint graffiti on bike paths............

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

No,  the person in question only dislikes the graffiti if its painted with black spray paint.

That is a joke, but i had to write it before Patch does.... cause you know he will :)

Archived