I dont have the opportunity........

porky

to watch S/cycling every week, so when I could, I used to look forward to been entertained for an hour.

However, I am very disappointed with this show as late. In  general the show lacks an interest factor for me and to be honest last nights show was a major yawn!.

It seems to me they woke up at 4pm and realised they had a show to put together in 3 hours...............

..............Uuuum what can we do?

.............Hey, I know we will re-hash the same old TDF footage and re-discuss the same old story which has been covered in every newspaper, every cycling magazine,every internet site and every chat room for the last 3 months.!!

Surely they could have thought of some more interesting questions to put to Mr Hunter??

It reminds me of the general low level of Journalism prevalent in this country where a personality interview consists of asking whats their favourite food, where they like to drink coffee and if they have any pet dogs.!!!

I mean honestly - do some flippin research, get innovative, try and stimulate the viewers a bit.!!Angry 

.................and PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE STOP RE-HASHING the same old tired news.!!!

porky2006-10-04 05:09:33

hmmm...we haven't ragged SS for a while.....

ja it was crap last night, fortunatley I was out, so taped it - got through the whole show in like 20 minutes.....plus everything Robbie said is on his website's journal.....

did they ever talk bout DG @ worlds......

Was a waste to have a protour rider and the show and not have something better to ask him. Maybe Robbie is like LA and the presenters have a set of questions that they have to ask, no more.

Would have been great to have Owen ask him,

'Robbie your tip of the week, maybe you could share with us how the peleton dopes and gets away with it 95% of the time'

'mmm rrr U MM mm , well Owen, like,  mmmmm try and mix some longer rides into your training schedule'Wink

Maybe Robbie is like LA and the presenters have a set of questions that they have to ask' date=' no more.

[/quote']

LOL - yes Gumpole - its commonly called "an idiot sheet"!!

Mainly so the personality can plan their answers ahead of time and dont look like an idiot on TV.

Big%20smile

Yeah & makes everyone looks like such a Pro----I seem to re-call an article in Ride mag where people hung on every word R/Hunter spoke...

But since Liberty is withdrawing from Pro-cycling sponsorships we may not have to subjected to S/Cycling for much longer....somehow this topic reminds me of doping issues----Chunky ??? re-call ?? yawn yawn,,,,SleepySleepy

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Big%20smile

Yeah & makes everyone looks like such a Pro----I seem to re-call an article in Ride mag where people hung on every word R/Hunter spoke...

But since Liberty is withdrawing from Pro-cycling sponsorships we may not have to subjected to S/Cycling for much longer....somehow this topic reminds me of doping issues----Chunky ??? re-call ?? yawn yawn' date=',,,SleepySleepy

"DTThumbs%20Up"
[/quote']

Hmmm, okay, but I would say its probably only a yawn if you are one of the fortunate?? ones who is able to sit and moniter the board on an hourly or daily basis.

For the rest of us mortals who can only pop in on a weekly or whatever basis, it may actually still be interesting.

Personally I spend 90% of my working week on the road or on site, so when I have a day or two in the office its always interesting to read the posts - for me its not boring at all.! 

porky2006-10-04 06:14:28

I just hate the way Owen tries to ask high level questions with a low level result. It is as if he tries to impress the person he is doing the enterview. Don't know why he is part of the show anymore because he doesn't know what a bike looks like anymore.

Supercycling realy needs to step up to the next level . It really looks like they try their best just to fill an hour of airtime . Last nights show was an absolute waste of time .

well they made a start to change the show..they got rid of 'Arnie' and relpaced him with Gerold - hopefully forever, now they just need to find a replacement for '5th month of the the year is April' Owen..

Owen doesn't seem so bad to me. Doubt it is as easy as when you are just having a conversation at the coffee shop. Don't forget SS is not just for "expert " cyclists, they have to cater for 1000s of fun riders etc.