Joe_Cogs

Finish quick enough that you don't need to chow on the bike  :ph34r: 

Then grab some Afro's chicken on the promenade beachfront

if only we were all as quick as you...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if only we were all as quick as you...

You're too kind, but I'm anticipating limping home alone after Fox Hill  :thumbdown:

You're too kind, but I'm anticipating limping home alone after Fox Hill [emoji107]

What is your starting batch? Perhaps we could limp home together!

What is your starting batch? Perhaps we could limp home together!

$ - I wont say no to any wheel that passes :3

Ah - But surely carbs last 10 mins and then you crash?

So I am thinking jelly babies, maybe energade gummies, zaams with peanut butter etc

No biltong then

I am going to look like I have piles will all the food in my back

i think this is a problem many of us have...we get to the day of the race and rely on what is put on the tables...the jelly babies always get me and the chocolates and the astros and the coke and the etc etc.

i dont eat before a ride and very seldom eat during a ride unless i do a long ride (100km)...normally I have 1 bottle of water 750 ml and 1 x 750 ml  water with a high 5 electrolyte...ran out of tablets...instead i have been mixing energade with water...and on a long ride have a breakfast bar and refill the energade.

right or wrong it is what has been working for me...at this point in time i would suggest you do what it is you have been doing and stick to it...dont change anything...not your bike setup...not your shoes and certainly not what you are using to fuel your body.

apparently the weather is now indicating that the temp is gona be 32...best you carry a lot of water and refill...last year i noticed a lot of people suffering due to lack of water...I gave one of my water bottles to someone who looked like he needed it more than i did...it backfired on me...i ran out of water and suffered for it at 70 km...i eventually got to the watering hole just after Hillcrest.

you indicated that you have done an 80 km mtb race...so i would assume you are pretty fit and not gona suffer at the back like the rest of us...slow and fat people.

what sort of time are you hoping to finish?

a few things to take into consideration that will prevent you having an awesome ride.

trying to keep up at a pace you are not comfortable with...

lack of rest...

bad night sleep...

not carbo loading prior to the race...

and lastly incorrect fueling on the day...

if you mess up with these 5 things its gona be a long hard day on the road.

by now you should have completed at least 1 x 100 km ride and you should have a few kms in the saddle.

I did the amashova last year and suffered from fatigue and dehydration.

once you get to the hills after cato ridge...they dont stop...when you go down into the dips after the hospital...there are 2 climbs which will break you if you have struggled through the inchanga climbs.

you better hope there is no wind this year...last year just when i thought it couldnt get any more difficult...i got the wind in my face as i came over the hill at hillcrest.

dont believe anything i say...it is not that bad...if you weigh 70 kg and finish races under 2/3 hrs ;)

apparently the weather is now indicating that the temp is gona be 32

Yes please! Dunno where you getting this information but I like it <3

Yes please! Dunno where you getting this information but I like it <3

x2. Although my skin doesn't like the sun, my legs perform much better in warm weather.

x2. Although my skin doesn't like the sun, my legs perform much better in warm weather.

Exactly. Legs, lungs and head are all more in-tune with warm race weather.

...Belgium will suck next year ;..;

Exactly. Legs, lungs and head are all more in-tune with warm race weather.

...Belgium will suck next year ;..;

you will have to spend some serious $$$ to get kitted properly. And invest in a fancy IDT.

you will have to spend some serious $$$ to get kitted properly. And invest in a fancy IDT.

You arent wrong. Definitely gonna splurge on a KickR...maybe...if it can fit inside the tiny apartment I can afford. Good thing about box sized apartments - minimal cost to heat them :D

we are having some strange weather, feels like winter again and still lotsa snow on the Berg. too early to tell what its gonna be like next Sunday.

Archived