Refund for wheels

King of the downhill

But didn't you inspect the wheels at your house that night. I would've.

ditto and another 10 times there after.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All, I am new here and clearly dont have any friends here or support. Nevertherless keep an open mind.

I bought the wheels. Gulzar told me he removed the yellow stickers as it clashed with his colour scheme. I did not mind this. I bought them in the evening on Koeberg Road after work and put them away till now.. I have started building a bike and got the wheels out ready  to go. 

The truth is the front rim was replaced with a cheap quality rim and the stickers transferred. I know this as the front rim has a completely new braking surface.

Gulzar said with all his knowledge and experience, riders brake more with the rear. I call bull**** !

Reality is the front rim should show more brake wear than the rear.

It may not be a huge amount of money in cycling terms but the principle is solid. Had i bought no name wheels that would have been one thing. I bought Syncros wheels and got a cheap fong kong rim with Syncros stickers.

Even more concerning is the stress line around the entire rim. If you need to replace a rim, then a similar quality is acceptable. Dont slap on cheap rubbish and throw it out there with nice stickers.

Hi Welcome.

That sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for R1200....

Going out and finding a cheap replica that looks exactly like the originals, making stickers (these costs serveral hundred rand)

Then going through the process of selling it....

For an oke who has 5 good ratings on the Hub, this seems out of character.

The way you threatened the OP, also doesnt seem right.

Take some responsibility here. You should have looked at them in the light if you were uncertain, you could have gotten hold of the OP ages ago.

Changing your mind 6 months down the line is not acceptable. Take this as a learning experience and next time you buy something, inspect it first.

How would the wheel have a "stress mark" if the wheel is brand new ? ie never ridden?

Now that is a good question.

How would the wheel have a "stress mark" if the wheel is brand new ? ie never ridden?

Well after 6 months of use, it could develop "stress marks" ...... :ph34r:

Welcome to the Hub ADVR.

Thank you for putting your version of events forward.

I note that you must have negotiated a reduction in price. This would constitute a counter-offer which was obviously accepted by the seller.

The question is: What would a REASONABLE MAN have done when buying used products advertised in the classifieds?

a) Take them without inspecting them, wait 6 months and then inspect them

b) Inspect them properly before bringing a contract to conclusion

c) Expect a 6 month warranty even when none was offered

It is totally unreasonable to expect any sort of warranty unless it formed part of your contract. If the wheels are no longer what you want, sell them and get a set that suits your expectation. You should obviously b prepared to pay in line with your expectation.

Well after 6 months of use, it could develop "stress marks" ...... :ph34r:

Depends on how hard you ride it.....

Hi All, I am new here and clearly dont have any friends here or support. Nevertherless keep an open mind.

I bought the wheels. Gulzar told me he removed the yellow stickers as it clashed with his colour scheme. I did not mind this. I bought them in the evening on Koeberg Road after work and put them away till now.. I have started building a bike and got the wheels out ready  to go. 

The truth is the front rim was replaced with a cheap quality rim and the stickers transferred. I know this as the front rim has a completely new braking surface.

Gulzar said with all his knowledge and experience, riders brake more with the rear. I call bull**** !

It may not be a huge amount of money in cycling terms but the principle is solid. Had i bought no name wheels that would have been one thing. I bought Syncros wheels and got a cheap fong kong rim with Syncros stickers.

Even more concerning is the stress line around the entire rim. If you need to replace a rim, then a similar quality is acceptable. Dont slap on cheap rubbish and throw it out there with nice stickers.

ADVR, what was the reason for taking a screenshot of the ad and hanging onto it for 6 months? This is generally not common practice IMO

Welcome to the Hub ADVR.

Thank you for putting your version of events forward.

I note that you must have negotiated a reduction in price. This would constitute a counter-offer which was obviously accepted by the seller.

The question is: What would a REASONABLE MAN have done when buying used products advertised in the classifieds?

a) Take them without inspecting them, wait 6 months and then inspect them

b) Inspect them properly before bringing a contract to conclusion

c) Expect a 6 month warranty even when none was offered

It is totally unreasonable to expect any sort of warranty unless it formed part of your contract. If the wheels are no longer what you want, sell them and get a set that suits your expectation. You should obviously b prepared to pay in line with your expectation.

Well written response BDF  :thumbup:

But you're a HUB member since 09 March 2016 :whistling:

The same date as the OP advertised the wheels.

Any way, welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here...

He should have insurance he can claim from them. 

The only time I expect a warranty is if the item is new.

What type of insurance?

BTW.....I invited the buyer to join this thread....He claims that the front wheels is a new "cheaper" rim because of it's almost unused brake surface....Apparently I removed the decals from the old wheel and put them onto the new one.......

Is it not NORMAL for the rear wheel braking surface to be more used than the front??????

tell him you are the "king of downhill" and never use your brakes :P

Agree with you dude. Absolute bulls**t unless the oke never rides faster than 5kph. Rear wheels have no real stopping power, lock up easily, skip and flat spot!

Archived