The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

16:13:14 CEST

Landa, meanwhile, has been caught and dropped. Not sure Quintana will make a move today. He might be content to see Amador simply move up on GC in order to use him later on in the race. Time will tell.

The juice from Sky is not as good as the juice at Astana

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ADVERTISEMENT

1. 16:24:41 CEST

That move is closed down and Rui Costa goes with De Plus on his wheel. Rolland is chasing and should make it to the leaders. 

2. 16:23:52 CEST

Rojas is done and De Plus attacks from the break. 

3. 16:22:44 CEST

Rolland and Cataldo look twitchy. They're waiting to pounce and make a move from the lead break. 

4. 16:22:05 CEST

Steve Morabito, whose surname is the press room password for WIFI at the Tour of Romandie, takes over at the front of the peloton. Rojas, meanwhile, is giving it everything for Amador and in theory Quintana. 

5. 16:20:25 CEST

Roy sits up having done a job for Pinot at the front of the peloton. 30km to go. 

6. 16:19:36 CEST

The gap is at 2'45 as we take on the second descent that forms part of this second category climb. Dumoulin still has two men with him as Quintana peeks his head into the wind to see what the situation is. Up ahead and Rojas lifts the pace for the break.

7. 16:17:57 CEST

Herrada takes a huge turn at the front of the break and the peels off, his job done for the day. A few more riders have been dropped too. Anton is one of them. 

I was just going to type. .. Bahrain to do something. .

With a downhill coming that's the move to make

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ADVERTISEMENT

1. Hermans is doing all the chasing in the second group. He said in the winter that he didn't want to target GC in a Grand Tour. Not sure he has much choice now given van Garderen's form. 

2. 16:26:33 CEST

The three leaders have a decent gap at the moment and they're all working. No sign of Amador at the moment as Astana try and bring the leading three riders back.

3. 16:25:47 CEST

Dumoulin has just one teammate left but we're not far from the top as Rui Costa, Rolland and De Plus link up. They've 3km to go until they reach the summit. This is the hardest part of the climb. 

Dumoulin holding well with the increase of tempo

ADVERTISEMENT

1. 16:31:07 CEST

Thomas is there, Dumoulin, Pinot, Nibali, Quintana are all there in the maglia rosa group as the road continues to rise up. 

2. 16:30:08 CEST

Huge acceleration from the peloton with 26km to go as Nibali senses this is the time to make a move. Up ahead and Rolland has attacked having been brought back briefly. 

3. 16:29:21 CEST

Dumoulin almost caught out as Amador has attacked from the second group. The race has exploded. 

Doesn't looks like Thomas is in that Nibali group

Fraile is determined to get those KOM points.

Fraile alone on the front..( he got rid of Rolland. . (Sorry Dale))

ROLLAND next on the road with Pinot chasing and the rest close behind.

Correction Rolland is back..damn this is awesome

Maybe Laanda going back to give Thomas a bottle?

And Thomas going back to give the guys in the grupeto a bottle.

I have no idea how he was able to convince anyone he is a GT GC contender. 

And Thomas going back to give the guys in the grupeto a bottle.

I have no idea how he was able to convince anyone he is a GT GC contender. 

hey hey hey, leave Gee alone :P

Archived