The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You sure you aren't just feeling that frisson of Therapeutically Useful Electricity between Carbs and Patch? :whistling:

Yep, like in cycling, the most exciting part is when two of the most attacking individuals have a go at each other... :whistling:  :ph34r:

Yep, like in cycling, the most exciting part is when two of the most attacking individuals have a go at each other... :whistling: :ph34r:

At least unlike Bennifer and Brangelina, the Catch will be cycling related. OK, hijack off, as you were, back to the racing...

Sunweb have slowed it down a little on the descent. . Safety first

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The leaders definitely aren't slowing down.. they are gunning it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know how the timing numbers work? i.e. Is it 5m10s since the leaders passed the geographical point that Dumoulin is now?

If so, let's say the leaders stop dead - the "gap" would only start coming down 5m09s later and the immediately go down to zero, which is not what it seems to do.

Next Tuesday, the peleton faces this... I think the word is 'challenging'

those 8% will not be too bad for Tommy D, its the ramps that are not his favourite.

Does anyone know how the timing numbers work? i.e. Is it 5m10s since the leaders passed the geographical point that Dumoulin is now?

If so, let's say the leaders stop dead - the "gap" would only start coming down 5m09s later and the immediately go down to zero, which is not what it seems to do.

Its GPS timing gap apparently

If so, let's say the leaders stop dead - the "gap" would only start coming down 5m09s later and the immediately go down to zero, which is not what it seems to do.

Good quesion. Read a article on cyclingtips.com now called "How Time Gaps Are Calculated". Sorry, can't link but quick google search will find it.

Apparently the time gaps on TV is not official, but from television bikes between the break and peleton sending information between them.

So Movistar have Anacona attacking in the second group on the road and Tommy D and Quinetana are sitting in the peleton behind some Sunweb boys. 

Not sure how strong Anacona is going to be over 3 weeks. 

If I was Tommy D, I would just watch the Columbian. 

1. Landa and Fraile are just sticking to the task and have 2'10 on the second group with 62km to go.

2. 15:23:17 CEST

And it's Movistar who attack from the second group with one rider trying to go clear. All that does is stretch out the group.

1. 15:29:05 CEST

The three Movistar riders are perhaps waiting for the next climb, the second category ascent, before they blitz from the second group and force Sunweb's hand.

2. 15:27:36 CEST
    • http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/icons/2011/03/28/pink_70.png

Dumoulin look relatively comfortable as he takes food from his back pocket. He has the Landa group at under five minutes now as we head towards the summit on the penultimate climb. 

Archived