The 100th Giro d'Italia

'Dale

Eusebio Unzué (Movistar team manager)

We tried absolutely everything. We tried to increase the gap and we tried to make it a bigger advantage. We have managed to make it a bigger advantage but I still think that it will probably be too small to win overall. I think that today showed who the favourites are and I think that it confirmed that Dumoulin is still the favourite.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eusebio Unzué (Movistar team manager)

We tried absolutely everything. We tried to increase the gap and we tried to make it a bigger advantage. We have managed to make it a bigger advantage but I still think that it will probably be too small to win overall. I think that today showed who the favourites are and I think that it confirmed that Dumoulin is still the favourite.

Today we saw some of the hardest athletes in the world suffer like dogs. They were all beyond max. I don't believe anyone was leaving anything in the tank for tomorrow.

And tomorrow we will see it again...

Amazing. I feel like I am watching Gladiators again.

How stoic is Quintana

No grimace

No smile

No etched face

Nothing at all

It'll be so frustrating to race against him, looking for pain somewhere

#bodylanguage

Pulling out to the side, watching wheel to suck, motioning others in the break should rotate but adding little yourself,not exactly stoic stuff.

I'm missing El Chavesto this year

He must be targeting yellow this year

He is, but apparently not in the best form. He struggled with illness or injury or something. Think that is why they pulled simon yates from the giro

He is, but apparently not in the best form. He struggled with illness or injury or something. Think that is why they pulled simon yates from the giro

Oh no

????

Commentary chirp of the day

"And Pinot goes, ohhhh, his got the tongue out, licking the invisible ice cream..."

????

I think the Shark is going to take it by mere seconds from Tommy, with Pinot filling up the third spot. Not that I am a fan of the Shark, but he has quite a gap on Tommy going into the TT. Tommy will be faster in the TT, but not by enough I think.

I think the Shark is going to take it by mere seconds from Tommy, with Pinot filling up the third spot. Not that I am a fan of the Shark, but he has quite a gap on Tommy going into the TT. Tommy will be faster in the TT, but not by enough I think.

Edge of the seat stuff. Can't wait

Quite a gap? 14 sec is nothing for tom on the tt

I suspect you may possibly be likely be correct with that scenario ????

Oh no

????

He had some knee issues but he is training full out again as fat as I know.

He would have been great at this Giro..

I am going to be grumpy for at least 6 months if that happens!!

Archived