Anyone gone for the One Up 50T rear?

T-Bob

Just came across this and wondered if anyone has pulled the trigger on the One Up 50T rear sprocket and what they thought of it, what the best use would be and what an ideal trail front ring would be. I run a 30 front with a 40 (might be a 42) rear and that does find for most things. 

It just looks so weird and massive. Not sure if it's available locally. 

http://int.oneupcomponents.com/products/50t-shark-sprocket-18t-1x11

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0573/2837/products/OneUp-Components-50T-Shark-Sprocket-Green-Front-Assembled-M700-Evil-Following-966_grande.jpeg?v=1458233146

• 2 weeks later...

I got one running 11-50 rear with a 32T oval up front. Haven't had to use it a lot but when you need that last bailout gear it really helps. The radr cage makes shifting better across the entire cassette and being able to run a bigger front ring (I was also on a 30t front) has made the riding even better without sacrificing top end too much. I do love the 50t and think the money I spent on it was worth it. No local suppliers but I got mine from chain reaction.

Pk

I dunno. For that kind of money I'd rather get an XD body, SRAM 10-42t cassette and enjoy the lower weight and slightly lower range (420% vs 455%). 

I got one running 11-50 rear with a 32T oval up front. Haven't had to use it a lot but when you need that last bailout gear it really helps. The radr cage makes shifting better across the entire cassette and being able to run a bigger front ring (I was also on a 30t front) has made the riding even better without sacrificing top end too much. I do love the 50t and think the money I spent on it was worth it. No local suppliers but I got mine from chain reaction.

Pk

11 speed, right?