CycleSure or Compendium - Advice? experience?

T-Bob

After paying a crazy amount with Outsurance I've gone and got some decent all risk quotes and narrowed it down to 2 providers.

Not that I plan on claiming any time soon but I wondered what experiences people had with Cyclesure or Compendium? 

Cheers!

Hi Ben

I have insured my son's MTB with Cyclesure and recently had to claim for damages that occured during one of the XCO Nationals.  The service from Cyclesure was fantastic, they verified the damage with my lbs and paid the claim within 2 days.

Hi Bren,

I was with Cyclesure, they have a list of preferred suppliers within each province so make sure you know which each supplier stocks and stocks your bike. 

Currently moving over to MiWay due to having my car and house contents with them which brings down my monthly premiums  :thumbup:

Hi Bren,

I was with Cyclesure, they have a list of preferred suppliers within each province so make sure you know which each supplier stocks and stocks your bike. 

Currently moving over to MiWay due to having my car and house contents with them which brings down my monthly premiums  :thumbup:

I would have thought Outsurance would have done the same thing but they were crazy prices. 

Will give Cycle sure a tonk. Thanks! 

Hi Ben

I have insured my son's MTB with Cyclesure and recently had to claim for damages that occured during one of the XCO Nationals.  The service from Cyclesure was fantastic, they verified the damage with my lbs and paid the claim within 2 days.

Good stuff! Thanks for the feed back and I hope the damages on your sons' bike were when it fell off the podium! ;)

I'm with Compendium, have been since the iCycle days and have been very pleased. They have payed out every single claim which totals about 5 in total if memory serves including 2 this year less than a month apart.

Also have a friend who's with with Cyclesure and has had no issues with claims totaling ±R300k.

Hi Bren,

Hi

You know that MiWay don't replace bike frames they try to repair it. There was an whole thread about MiWay on the hub.

Hi

You know that MiWay don't replace bike frames they try to repair it. There was an whole thread about MiWay on the hub.

Thank you for the info and yes I am aware of MiWay not replacing frames and will try repair it. 

Cyclesure are amazing! Sorted my claim out very quickly.

That being said I am trying to find one company that can do my bike and household together to try and lower the premiums. 

If it's a few hundred rand it might not be worth it and I will stick with Cyclesure. 

Hi Bren,

Moving over to Miway will be a huge mistake, they are absolutely useless when it comes to bike insurance. You will miss the professional service from Cyclesure, for sure!