Better check your Cyclesure policy

MintSauce

As this is an insurance thread I have a question. If you destroy your bike and the insurance company pays out for a new one' date=' what happens to all the bits like deraillers etc that are still useable? Does the LBS keep them?[/quote']

Mine was given back to me.  The LBS stripped the bike and gave me back the stuff, but it was not paid for!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

two bikes both insured for R40k....one at cyclesure costs R325p/m one at Pedalcare costs R199 p/m....might be taking both to pedalcare

Jis maar jy het v?r gekom vir 'n girl wat so 3 jaar terug net 'n Raleigh gehad het en in die ontvangs van Cyclelab gesit het.

I needed to replace some spokes on a wheel. The nipples had fused with the rim, and when the bike shop tried to loosen them, the rim cracked. Cyclesure told me I was not covered. When I complained, a very important person phoned me to tell me the same thing.

In the past they would have paid out...

Up until now the service had been great at Cyclesure, but things seems to be changing.

I've insured 2 bikes with Pedal Care, value of R 73k, monthly premium including brokers fees and personal liability of R 1 mil is R 395.

It doesn't help specifying only the insured value and premium. How much is the excess?

My bike is insured for 51K with Pedal Care and I pay R255 with an excess of 10% plus claim minimum of R500. I recall the Cyclesure excess being less than this but the premium is higher.

It doesn't help specifying only the insured value and premium. How much is the excess?

My bike is insured for 51K with Pedal Care and I pay R255 with an excess of 10% plus claim minimum of R500. I recall the Cyclesure excess being less than this but the premium is higher.

ja but according to a lot of people tney dont pay out..so what the hell does it help having a higher premium?

Excess is standard.

10% of claim value with a minimum of R500

ja but according to a lot of people tney dont pay out..so what the hell does it help having a higher premium?

I was referring to cycle insurance in general and not just Pedal Care and Cyclesure. I was contacted recently by a company offering me cycle specific insurance but I can't remember the name and it wasn't Pedal Care or Cyclesure.

I was referring to cycle insurance in general and not just Pedal Care and Cyclesure. I was contacted recently by a company offering me cycle specific insurance but I can't remember the name and it wasn't Pedal Care or Cyclesure.

I use FNB Insurance for everything. They cover my bike for what I want, and I've checked the small print and everything.

Is it possible if madmarc' date=' BTB, Crux, Ana Gouws, Auction Lamb and anybody else can post the Insurance company, insured value and monthly payments. I will make up a list. This way, you guys plus anyone else can see if your premium is market related, or should you fight for better pricing, or move on to another company.

As a fact, insurance company are the biggest skellims around. How many of you have your premiums reduced every year for your car. The value depreciates every year. I have to contact my insurance every year to drop my premium. I never used to, until I was told by someone. How much extra money did they make from me, until I did.

[/quote']

I am at Alexander Forbes(but you have to insure your household stuff with them if you wanna get that decent price, they would most prob be cheaper that the other places with household too!Wink)

They are very good and you do not have to run around with 3 diff quotes etc. Was insured with OUTSurance and it was a shocker how much those guys are asking for vehicle finance!!!!

AuctionLamb2008-05-14 06:58:07

Ya, same at FNB, I have the cars house, bikes (motorised and non) with them, and overall they are around what half anyone else could come up with

They are very good and you do not have to run around with 3 diff quotes etc. Was insured with OUTSurance and it was a shocker how much those guys are asking for vehicle finance!!!!

Outsurance suck. I have both my cars now for less than outsurance quoted on one of them.

Outsurance suck. I have both my cars now for less than outsurance quoted on one of them.

yip...mine is half of what they have quoted AND they have less fine print!

Yeah and the fockers tried everything in their power to sctrew me out of the "outbonus" a while ago as well.

CycleSure - Insured for R60k - I pay R325 p/m - but after the first sign of them not wanting to play ball when I need somethign replaced, I'd switch to PedalCare.

Yeah and the fockers tried everything in their power to sctrew me out of the "outbonus" a while ago as well.

But Schalk Burger swears by them!