The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilbert is out of racing this week to concentrate on the Ardennes campaign. In the form that he is I think quite realistic that he could play a big hand in how things play out in those!

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Gilbert is out of racing this week to concentrate on the Ardennes campaign. In the form that he is I think quite realistic that he could play a big hand in how things play out in those!

I think he has only ridden PR once before... can't be sure though.

Yip makes sense

More surprisingly on that list is Cavendish for DDD.. trying to figure out if he will be any use to Eddie B.. Maybe in the early stages of the race to protect him..

Edited by Gen

When anyone says Ardennes I imagine the 3-pronged attack from QS using PhilGil, Martin and Alaphilippppeeeee. Can't wait to see them in action :clap:

Will it be enough to stop the evergreen Valverde though?

I think he has only ridden PR once before... can't be sure though.

Yip makes sense

More surprisingly on that list is Cavendish for DDD.. trying to figure out if he will be any use to Eddie B.. Maybe in the early stages of the race to protect him..

You are correct, he has only ridden it once.

IIRC Cav said in the transfer to DD that he looks forward to taking on PR and the DS saying that it would be good for him to just race on instinct again, no plan to follow kind of thing. 

Edited by Nibali

IIRC Cav said in the transfer to DD that he looks forward to taking on PR and the DS saying that it would be good for him to just race on instinct again, no plan to follow kind of thing.

Mmm I don't know if having him race PR because he wants to is the best call they have had a disappointing classics campaign and they need to start focusing on earning WT points.

Honestly..the race is too long and hard for Cav.. unless he is willing to work for Eddie B during the early stages of the race I see no use for him at PR.

When last did he race.. Milan San Remo.?

Suppose we'll have to wait for the official start list.

Edited by Gen

Mmm I don't know if having him race PR because he wants to is the best call they have had a disappointing classics campaign and they need to start focusing on earning WT points.

Honestly..the race is too long and hard for Cav.. unless he is willing to work for Eddie B during the early stages of the race I see no use for him at PR.

When last did he race.. Milan San Remo.?

Suppose we'll have to wait for the official start list.

Yeah, I don't know the plan hey. This was also a year and a half ago, so don't know if they have changed their minds. He has shown that he is willing to work for the guys though, so it might be his role.

Yeah, I don't know the plan hey. This was also a year and a half ago, so don't know if they have changed their minds. He has shown that he is willing to work for the guys though, so it might be his role.

Yip..

But I hear he is injured that is why he isn't racing today..and the list was provisional..so ja we'll see if he starts on Sunday.

For those who want to have a Wednesday morning sob..

Facebook live coming from start of #Scheldeprijs today 30 mins before the start over on the @cyclingtips FB page.Starts in Tom's home town

Facebook live coming from start of #Scheldeprijs today 30 mins before the start over on the @cyclingtips FB page.Starts in Tom's home town

Thanks!

Who's the guy doing the Facebook live broadcast? What a nutter!  :clap: