The Classics

'Dale

Did you see how wide the tyres were that Niki was using? Must have been wider than 30mm.

Wider is faster. When talking about tyres, not waistlines that is.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see how wide the tyres were that Niki was using? Must have been wider than 30mm.

Will be interesting to see the setups for Roubaix.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One thing is sure.. the rest will all have to smarten up if they want to beat QS.

Will be interesting to see the setups for Roubaix.

Double tape, sandpaper cages (Especially Orica) and 30c will be the order of the day. Edited by Patchelicious

KWAITO also on a plane to Spain..mind you, he has probably already landed in Spain.. these guys are a little crazy and tomorrows stage is NOT easy.

The video that goes with that article.

https://youtu.be/Rk_w4ZqQV8Q

IMO it's tough the teams need to smarten up ..QS are good because the have numbers when it matters most.. teams need to be able to put themselves in the same situation.. .easier said than done

BORA.. well it was a shame they lost Burghardt when they did..he got stuck behind riders dismounting on the Taaienberg (?).. Oss had to make a big effort to stay with the group and then did a big turn on the front (why I dont know)and covered a move..not long after that he pulled off and the move went.. I think perhaps Bora will be better at Roubaix or at least be able to deal with QS better...they were great at Ghent - well I hope.[emoji6]

GVA tried to stretch is and get rid of some steppers..but its hard with the quality they have.. maybe they should all just start riding against QS and not so much each other..how to beat QS is not a easy thing ATM[emoji23]

The video that goes with that article.

https://youtu.be/Rk_w4ZqQV8Q

IMO it's tough the teams need to smarten up ..QS are good because the have numbers when it matters most.. teams need to be able to put themselves in the same situation.. .easier said than done

BORA.. well it was a shame they lost Burghardt when they did..he got stuck behind riders dismounting on the Taaienberg (?).. Oss had to make a big effort to stay with the group and then did a big turn on the front (why I dont know)and covered a move..not long after that he pulled off and the move went.. I think perhaps Bora will be better at Roubaix or at least be able to deal with QS better...they were great at Ghent - well I hope.[emoji6]

GVA tried to stretch is and get rid of some steppers..but its hard with the quality they have.. maybe they should all just start riding against QS and not so much each other..how to beat QS is not a easy thing ATM[emoji23]

Maybe Sagan needs to join a better team.

Maybe Sagan needs to join a better team.

And everyone else[emoji23][emoji23]

QS line-up is full[emoji6]

It is what is hey..Bora have a good line-up..just very hard against a super classics team like QS, they are just better than everyone else.

They all have a week to figure it out..[emoji23]

He'll have to try something else..what i don't know..

Maybe the answer isn't in the last 50km but in the first 100km of the race..perhaps they need to ride smarter there....who knows but damn it's good to watch..

Edited by Gen

QS team is built up around good one day classic riders. Off course they will be good on classics. Come the time of the Grand Tours, they will struggle, and the other teams will shine.

QS team is built up around good one day classic riders. Off course they will be good on classics. Come the time of the Grand Tours, they will struggle, and the other teams will shine.

Depends on what you consider struggling..they go to GTs with the eye on stage wins, that is their objective..they normally get quite a few..yes they won't win GC but they normally go home with a lot of victories.. that means sponsors stay happy and they end most years with more wins than any other teams... what they do they do flippen well.

Edited by Gen

And everyone else[emoji23][emoji23]

QS line-up is full[emoji6]

It is what is hey..Bora have a good line-up..just very hard against a super classics team like QS, they are just better than everyone else.

They all have a week to figure it out..[emoji23]

He'll have to try something else..what i don't know..

Maybe the answer isn't in the last 50km but in the first 100km of the race..perhaps they need to ride smarter there....who knows but damn it's good to watch..

No not everyone else. Not everyone else gets marked like Sagan.

No not everyone else. Not everyone else gets marked like Sagan.

True, it's difficult and complicated..

My brother said..Sagan should've gone with the Terpstra move..my response was, if he had there wouldn't have been a move, but we can't really know for sure.. When he did make a move they sure didn't look around too much before starting the chase. But he isn't the only strong rider..they are all strong..the field is very even.

Burghardt said he had a bad day...what a pity...maybe the answer is Bora need another card to play ..come Bora sign Van Aert[emoji6][emoji6]..with BMC future uncertain there may be some riders available soon[emoji6]

Re Sagan... If Lionel Messi had to play for Aston Villa he is also going to struggle to win any silverware.

Bora are currently 5th in the team rankings, so it is not as if they are bad and not getting results..like I said they need another card to play at the classics...

I think their plan was for Oss to get Sagan to the Oude Kwawermont and then have Sagan attack..unfortunately it didn't work out that way ..at this point it is only QS that can have multiple strategies for different race scenarios.

Edited by Gen