The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team line ups for Saturday. The Quick Steppers looking good with strong options other than Gaviria.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/milan-san-remo-2017/start-list/

Trek with a decent option in Stuyven too. Will be a good race, I think.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Woah.. that is one flippen strong line up.. 4 possible winners for 4 different kind of race scenarios..yoh

Chuck Trentin in the mix and it's sommer 5[emoji33]

So who will be working come race day[emoji23]

Edited by Gen

I see Impey is lined up to start

In the service of Gerrans and Ewan [emoji53] Edited by Gen

Woah.. that is one flippen strong line up.. 4 possible winners for 4 different kind of race scenarios..yoh

Chuck Trentin in the mix and it's sommer 5[emoji33]

Think Trentin will be on domestique duties for MSR. But ja Quick Step in a very good position ito race options. Scary strong team. However what happens on the day can be a whole different story. Sometimes the strongest team or rider isn't the one that wins.

Think Trentin will be on domestique duties for MSR. But ja Quick Step in a very good position ito race options. Scary strong team. However what happens on the day can be a whole different story. Sometimes the strongest team or rider isn't the one that wins.

Indeed and don't QS know that hey.. how many times haven't we seen them in a position to surely win and then nothing.

But what a team hey.

Interesting thoughts from Pozzatto.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/degenkolb-gaviria-and-sagan-are-milan-san-remo-favourites-says-pozzato/

Aah Pozzatto..

The most vain rider in the peloton and he can kinda can get away with it.. because well he is Pozzatto

Here he is preventing tan lines as much as possible during the week..i am sure he will try something come Saturday.

8f7c84d170c9602924c06535f29b3b6f.jpg

Indeed and don't QS know that hey.. how many times haven't we seen them in a position to surely win and then nothing.

But what a team hey.

That they do. Boonen has even acknowledged as much. He sees Sagan as the big threat ito individual racers going for the win. And they have plans to counter him, just as teams will have plans to counter QS's strength. Personally I think QS's main plan will be to set up a bunch sprint for Gaviria but we will have to see on Saturday how things play out.

The course is unchanged from last year.

At 291km, Milan-San Remo makes for a long day in the saddle for those that take to the startline. From Milan, in north-west Italy, the riders head south towards the Mediterranean coast, in what is a very flat first half of the race.

The Passo del Turchino comes a touch under halfway through, after 142km, and is the highest point of the race at 532m above sea level. It’s a long but gentle climb and with 150km still to race when riders reach the summit, it’s too far out from the finish to have much of an impact.

READ MORE HERE

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/03/preview-need-know-2017-milan-san-remo/

The course is unchanged from last year.

At 291km, Milan-San Remo makes for a long day in the saddle for those that take to the startline. From Milan, in north-west Italy, the riders head south towards the Mediterranean coast, in what is a very flat first half of the race.

The Passo del Turchino comes a touch under halfway through, after 142km, and is the highest point of the race at 532m above sea level. It’s a long but gentle climb and with 150km still to race when riders reach the summit, it’s too far out from the finish to have much of an impact.

READ MORE HERE

https://cyclingtips.com/2017/03/preview-need-know-2017-milan-san-remo/

Every year I say this.. yoh it's so far

Sorry if this has been posted

Interview with Boonen on retirement and MSR .. man I am going to miss him

Interesting that the teams seem to be more focused on how to beat Sagan than how to win it.. Sagan should just sit back and let everyone do their thing and possibly out tactic themselves and go along for the ride[emoji23] [emoji23]

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/boonen-we-can-find-a-way-to-beat-sagan-at-milan-san-remo/?utm_content=buffer3debc&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Edited by Gen

He desperately needs a win ????

He won a race yesterday.. there he has his win for the year.. now he can just go Poof a bit