Bike stickers make-over

RodTi

Hello all,

Those who have recently had a bike 'make-over', some advice on sourcing and requirements of the stickers would be appreciated.

Have an old frame - stickers were scratched to hell and gone.

Took photos, and then removed.

3 years later.

Want to 'restore' the frame to its original condition.

What type of sticker do I ask for at a printer shop?

I would have to 'design' them myself, based on the photos I have.

Am I correct in presuming the problem of scale is solved by simply drawing up what I need on paper, and 'taping' this to the tubes to get the correct measurements?

Can I do the 'designs' in any format (.gif etc), or will the printers require something specific?

Any other adivce will be appreciated.

Ps - it's a really old frame - supplier/manafacturer no longer has old stock, I've tried this route already.

Ta!
RodTi2008-05-14 06:08:28

Try Cycle Art. The American one not local.

Otherwise, you wil need it in vector format. This is line art that can be cut out by a plotter. Otherwise the sign shop will charge you per hour to digitize into vector format. You will be restricter to what they can do.

What is it you want?

Try Cycle Art as well....the local one

They where brilliant with my Dale's make over.......I'll go so far as to say that it was better than the factory ones they supplied

I have just had my Scott MTB frame done by Cycleart. They are brilliant. They had all the decals and were able to make the bike look just the way I wanted it. It was a carbon Scott scale 2006 frame. I had the whole frame sprayed black with white Scott logo's. Total cost of doing that was ZAR1,250. I then bought an XT 2008 group set for ZAR5,600. I kept everything else the same as I have really good bontrager wheels, bar, etc...

Very happy with the result!

I have all the details for Cycleart. If you need them, let me know.

I have just had my Scott MTB frame done by Cycleart. They are brilliant. They had all the decals and were able to make the bike look just the way I wanted it. It was a carbon Scott scale 2006 frame. I had the whole frame sprayed black with white Scott logo's. Total cost of doing that was ZAR1' date='250. I then bought an XT 2008 group set for ZAR5,600. I kept everything else the same as I have really good bontrager wheels, bar, etc...

[/quote']

how did you get the bike there and backLOL

ok ok - i'm running and will return next year this timeWink

Cyclelab stripped the bike down, boxed it and sent it via theri courier service for me. The bike then got picked up by the same couriers and taken back to Cyclelab who rebuilt it.

Try Cycle Art. The American one not local.

Otherwise' date=' you wil need it in vector format. This is line art that can be cut out by a plotter. Otherwise the sign shop will charge you per hour to digitize into vector format. You will be restricter to what they can do.

What is it you want?

[/quote']

Thanks Mampara....

I think.

That was greek to me.

But will google it.Wink

I have just had my Scott MTB frame done by Cycleart. They are brilliant. They had all the decals and were able to make the bike look just the way I wanted it. It was a carbon Scott scale 2006 frame. I had the whole frame sprayed black with white Scott logo's. Total cost of doing that was ZAR1' date='250. I then bought an XT 2008 group set for ZAR5,600. I kept everything else the same as I have really good bontrager wheels, bar, etc...

[/quote']

Thanks Bigjohn...

When you said Cycleart "had all the decals", I'm assuming you meant they had in stock/imported them etc? Or that they 'designed'/copied it from any (what I assume to be) fairly-readily available Scott decal....?

I'm not looking for a paint job - given that I like the frame as is (Ti), but will need to have the decals/stickers custom made...

If Cycelart do this as well, then I'd be interested in any contact details.

If not - then its back to Mampara's Vector "stuff".. Embarrassed.. 

Using a cutting plotter, you have to use a vector file. Let's say you opened a .jpeg pic of the logo, and zoomed in. It would start to pixelate and you wouldn't have a clear line the the cutter could follow. If you opened a vector file and zoomed in, it would be clean and clear.

What is the name that you are looking for? Let me see what I can do.

It will help if you let us know what you want. There are places on the web where you can find the artwork already digitised.

Call Cycleart and see if they can help you.

016 590 1146

Speak to Cliff or Lillian

Good luck!

It will help if you let us know what you want. There are places on the web where you can find the artwork already digitised.

Mampara; Pocketbikes -----

Apologies.

Been away, only saw your queries now.

I'm hesitant to even mention, given the age of the bike - but I guess the web constantly surprises...Smile

It's a "DBR" - as in Diamondback Racing "Axis TT" (as in Team Titanium

Sandvik 3-2/5 Ti...

1993/4 era... So will be really surprised if you guys can find something...

But hey - you'll make my year if something comes up  Big%20smile

Ta! 
RodTi2008-05-21 10:09:20

If you need anything along the lines of graphic design, branding, printing stickers I can HIGHLY recommend A-type grafix in CPT. They did my company's logo design, comp slips, letterheads, B/20080520_144336_Agon_LOGO.JPGcards and all the stickers all for a very reasonable price!! Speak to Ruan(072 673 1669) and just say Jacques refered you.

GT Zaskar Pro - thanks man.

Will certainly keep them in mind if I need to go that route.

Nice logo!