Where to get 120 bcd 34t or 80 bcd 34t Chainring.

andreas17777

Hi, I have a Sram xo crank 2x10 and want to convert to 1x11. Where can I get 120 bcd 34t or 80 bcd 34t Chainring for the front. I know wolftooth have them but who else. Or should i get a new crank?

I think the smallest you can put on a 120 bcd is 36T. And I doubt you will find anything bigger than 30 with a 80 BCD. 

I was in the same boat with my XX 120 BCD crank. Ended up buying a new crank that is 104 BCD, and buying chainrings in the future will be effortless. 

Can I remove the spider from my xo crank to fit a direct mount chainring?

Depends on what XO crank you have, are there 3 bolts on the inside so that you can loosen the spider?

Depends on what XO crank you have, are there 3 bolts on the inside so that you can loosen the spider?

I'll go have a look, thanks for the advice.

I'll go have a look, thanks for the advice.

No problem. If you can remove the spider then you can put on a direct mount with a 34T, or another spider that is 104BCD.

If you are unsure, take the bike to you local bike shop and they will advise.

Even the 104 bcd has limitations depending on the type. Those that have bolts and 'spider' arms to attach the chainrings need a spacer between ring and spider for 32t and smaller rings to prevent the chain contacting the spider arms. This can affect your chainline if you are forced to use spacers that otherwise would not be required.

The move from 104bcd to 96bcd on new M9000, M8000 and M7000 Shimano cranksets can accomodate rings down to 30t without spacers to prevent chain rub.

Direct mount cranks are even more flexible in the ring sizes they can take.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It says product looking for can't be found.

Get Stoked have both 32T and 34T in stock... FYI  :thumbup:

I have a 80BCD oval on my Quark

Look at this website or PM me as I know of someone in the Cape who can make you one.

www.garbaruk.com

The direct mount would be the best option if you can fit it - X0 should have a removable spider. Just make sure you get the right offset - BB30 is a 3mm offset ring, and GXP is 6mm.

Archived