Cape Pioneer Trek enters new era with top sponsors

News bot

The 2017 Cape Pioneer Trek international mountain bike stage race, to which entries opened on 14 December 2016, will offer a refined rider experience, a Queen Stage and a fresh look, thanks to the investment of new sponsors, Momentum Health and Biogen.

Click here to view the article

I for one am tempted for another Pioneer, but cannot for the life of me think why you would enter before they have even announced the route.

The only event that is able to pull that move off is the Cape Epic.

It is good to see a decent corporate sponsor on board. Hopefully Momentum can do for the CPT what FNB did for W2W.

I for one is tempted for another Pioneer, but cannot for the life of me think why you would enter before they have even announced the route.

The only event that is able to pull that move off is the Cape Epic.

It is good to see a decent corporate sponsor on board. Hopefully Momentum can do for the CPT what FNB did for W2W.

Can only strengthen with Momentum on board...good move!

For me as a back marker weekend warrior type rider riding the Cape Pioneer Trek a couple of times was 10 times better and much more rewarding then riding the Cape Epic. Cape Epic made me feel like just another number to fill up the entries, CPT made me feel part of a bunch of riders enjoying riding their bikes in some of the most beautiful parts of our country.

Great race the Pioneer, organised by awesome people at Dryland. As Nathrix says, a far more 'community' and 'rider oriented' feel to it than the Epic, so a bit of a different experience.