Tour down under 2017

coppi

Way true and his third at world's has shown that he still got the legs for the racing. But the show has to end sometime and to be honest it's better that he go now even though he can still compete. Next year might be a total different story though especially if the likes of Stuyven get their acts together. And besides we'll have Kwaitkowski v Sagan to entertain us as well.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

Plenty riders to make the racing exciting[emoji106]

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are obsessed. I like it. Looking forward to following my first season, expect... SNIP

Ain't seen nothing yet.... ????

On a side note I see Supersport will be showing tomorrow's Cyclocross????

Any idea whether the World Champs will be on SuperSport, Gen?

I would guess not ????

He he.. indeed late Feb to middle April crazy and all about the classics.. damn fine racing and so much racing.. best time of the year[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

When the hardmen show off their strength and resolve ????????????????????????????????????

Any idea whether the World Champs will be on SuperSport, Gen?

I would guess not ????

I hope so.. if SS don't have the rights to it then I am almost 100% we will be able to watch it on the UCI YouTube channel

But seeing as they are showing the world cup tomorrow is am optimistic that they will show world's.

I'll have to make sure I go to bed before the cycling starts..else I will end up watching all of it and be too amped to sleep and I have hordes of school books to cover tomorrow and have to get my ride in before the CX at 2pm[emoji23] [emoji23]

And do you guys reckon the classics are better to watch than the big 3 tours?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

A lot depends on who you ask. Each set of events is pretty special and unique in it's dna. Each set requires something different ito skills and race tactics and overall story.

Personally I love knowing the results of the really big storied classics such as Milano San Remo, Ronde Van Vlaanderen, Paris Roubaix and Liege Bastogne Liege in part because of the history and the subplots with each race. Like Gilbert's continued attempts at winning Liege because it goes through his home town and includes a large number of roads he trains on.

The GT's also have their moments and I often find that the lesser competitions within the various races can be as absorbing as the GC race is, and in the case of the most recent editions of the TDF it can be a respite from a boring, overly tactical race.

Boy did I have the times wrong..it's crit racing so streaming stars soon.. in about an hour

Provisional ladies results

0157820e6ee42ccffe365fbe07b6ae60.jpg

Amanda Spratt has done enough to retain the overall lead in the race. - CN.

Meanwhile according to CN:

Criteriums aren't really Robert Gesink's bread and butter but he's excited, according to the Twitters, and who are we to doubt the Dutchman. The LottoNL rider has a couple of stages that will suit him later on in the race but the LottoNL team don't really have a pure sprinter for today. 

Seriously hoping he has a good start to the year!

And do you guys reckon the classics are better to watch than the big 3 tours?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

No... but they do whip us up into frenzie for the tours ;)

Also watch out for the Fantasy Tour threads, well worth joining and competing in :)

And the people's choice classic is live.. getting ready for the start... 50km and they will probably be done in under an hour

This a little earlier from CN's Dan Benson:

The build up is almost over. This is nearly as exciting as yesterday when they brought some Australian wildlife into the start village. There was a koala, a snake and one of the members of Savage Garden. You could hold the snake and pet the bear but not the member of Savage Garden. Apparently they're a little twitchy. 

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Archived