Winter training = yes what do you do to keep fit?

ASTANA

Which do you do more during winter training(Roadies)?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you do more during winter training(Roadies)?

• Normal riding - road
    • IDT - indoortrainer with resistance
    • Spining classes at the Gym
    • Rollers at home
    • MTB when the weather sucks

Lots of people combine a lot of the above mentioned training methods. Just want to see what everybody thinks... add extra comments and what tipe of trainers u use...

Big%20smileHappy CyclingBig%20smile

Rollers or IDT, mostly IDT as rollers make a noise and then the wife gets P'd off with me cause my daughter wakes up.

I do all of the above, except for IDT with resistance.  Saterday/Sunday, road and Mtb.  Teusday/ Thursday, spinning and gym work.  Wednesday mtb nightride

I ride on the road...I just wear an extra jersey.

And arm warmers, and leg warmers and ear warmers (well I do anyway).

Nothing like stopping for coffee and a croissant at 6:30 on a cold winters morning after a good hard ride. Big%20smile

Hey Ianj!

Well, I ride on the road in the winter and I have invested a lot of money in the proper gear...but I never stop during a ride. I just feel thats when I get sick...but thats me!

hours spent on the saddle is probably slightly move for on the road, but more sessions on the idt

Heres my chance...The only "TIP" I have ever used from Bicycling is this...

"In winter, if you are comfortable in the first kilometre of your ride, you are dressed too warmly"

I swear by this!

Hey Ianj!

Well' date=' I ride on the road in the winter and I have invested a lot of money in the proper gear...but I never stop during a ride. I just feel thats when I get sick...but thats me!
[/quote']

The guys I ride with weekdays stop just about every morning after our ride at Fournos in Rosebank. Problem for me is I still have a 12km ride back to home so yes it is a bit of an issue getting back on the bike and by then the traffic is quite bad.

But still worth it.

as a believer in high intensity training I use the IDT, rollers and track on the weekends.

Continued my experiments into "marginally legal performance enhancing drugs" last night. Used Peroni. Tastes great but has too many bubbles during the sprints. Had to "flatten" it by adding Archers Peach Schnapps. Worked much better after that I think.... actually I forgot to turn the recorders on so I'll have to repeat the experiment tonight....

Aside from riding to work and back, 20km roundtrip, I will go for extra distance rides when I have the time.Smile

Only started yestarday again after a two week flu kept me off the bikeCry

Started using immune booster supplements,hope it works though.