Garmin GSC10 Cadence/Speed Sensor Question

WKNDWRRR

What brand speed and cadence sensor do the guys use these days?

Garmin? Wahoo Blue SC ? are there alternatives?

Thanks for all the replies. I'll pop into Navworld and see what they say.

If my only choice is to buy another one, I think I'll bite the bullet and get the new style ones, they are seem a lot less finicky and more reliable.

Well they are waterproof for sure.  Been commuting in heavy rain the last couple of weeks and no problems

For the life of me i cannot get the new sensors to work with my 800, tried 2 different sensors and returned them for refund. Odd thing is if I'm riding in a bunch it will sometimes pick up one of the other bikes sensors. 

Edited by scotty

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have a spare magnet for this unit lying around? Or what other magnet options did you use when loosing the original magnet ?

Doubt that it's worth getting it fixed.

R 400 - R500 for one in the classifies section.

Obviously you've replaced the battery and tried a different magnet.

(I've had to change magnets because the one I used wasn't strong enough - not the original Garmin one).

What other magnets have u tried with this unit ?

Does anyone have a spare magnet for this unit lying around? Or what other magnet options did you use when loosing the original magnet ?

Any magnet should work as long as it fits close enough to the sensor.

Just yesterday I digged up my old Rav-X indoor trainer to set up a bike to cater for this extended shut-down. I installed a spare unused GSC-10 cadence-speed sonsor on it, and took two random sensor magnets from my drawer. My trusty old Garmin Edge 500 paired with the sensor immediately. The cadence worked first time, but I had to fine tune the spoke magnet's pick-up arm position to get it to read the stationary speed. I can therefore set your mind at ease that you can use any magnet you have available, it will definitely work.

Edited by Jaco Steyn

Hi all, somewhat related question. Been using Garmin’s HRM tri, I recently got a wahoo Tickr X. Using the tickr with my Garmin Fenix watch as I do the Garmin HRM on my runs, rides & swims. Got Garmin speed & cadence sensors.

The speed/cadence & calorie readings are vastly different on both devices. Garmin readings typically lower. Which brand to use as standard?

• 1 year later...

anyone have a a pedal magnet and spoke magnet for a Garmin cadence sensor possibly lying around they not using

Please let me know Id appreciate it

Kind regards

brandon 0828503877