Fitness watch that can be used for swimming

ycowley

Fenix 3 definitely the way to go!

There isn't much difference between the 5 & 3, so I would go with the 3 - there should be some massive sales of the 3 when the 5 is released.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fenix 3 definitely an awesome watch and the reviews just keep coming. If it wasn't for the 5 coming out soon I would have replaced my fenix 3 HR with a standard fenix 3 with the HR strap.

It does what it needs to for swimming but also everything else - you will not be sorry.

Got my Fenix 3 HR Sapphire last night. It's huge, and a little heavier than I expected. But I love it. It's more than I expected tbh. Didn't get it to work with the Wattbike last night (landed up just using my phone as I wanted power readings more), so a tad bit disappointed about that. But put that more down to my ignorance than anything. 

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5994/kSQx7f.jpg

Suunto ambit 3 comes with the swim compatible HR monitor, I quite like mine.

x2 mine works fine

Got my Fenix 3 HR Sapphire last night. It's huge, and a little heavier than I expected. But I love it. It's more than I expected tbh. Didn't get it to work with the Wattbike last night (landed up just using my phone as I wanted power readings more), so a tad bit disappointed about that. But put that more down to my ignorance than anything. 

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/5994/kSQx7f.jpg

You just need to pair with the speed/cad sensor and the power sensor, you have to do it manually once confirming the correct wattbike you are on with the number at the bottom centre of the watbike screen.  After that the F3 will pick up the sensors of the watbike automatically next time you use it.

I had the Fenix 3 HR, awesome watch but eventually gave it back because the wrist HR was working intermittently and just frustrated the hell out of me. After the return I would have happily bought the Fenix 3 performance bundle (includes HR strap) but then the announce the Fenix 5, so now I am waiting ( currently back to my old Polar RCX5)

I have had the same issue with the Fenix 3 HR

It annoys the hell out of me

Have not had an issue yet, and I have been doing a lot of HR zone specific training this week, so I keep a close eye on it. 

Have not had an issue yet, and I have been doing a lot of HR zone specific training this week, so I keep a close eye on it. 

Lekka! (Which watch face are you using in that pic?)

Also have a look at the "Moov", it's no F3 but I bought the wife one a while back and it's helped her track laps etc. there is a Moov HR version coming soon but doubt it will be any good in the pool anyway so the standard one should be enough.

On the upside it's a cheap option to try while you hunt for a F3 or Garmin Swim at a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived