Fitness watch that can be used for swimming

ycowley

Does anyone know of a fitness watch (that is a similar size to the Fitbit Charge 2) that has a swimming mode but also step counter, etc? (Similar to the Fitbit Charge 2 but with a swimming mode and water proof)

Thanks

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The TomTom Spark/Runner 2 (and newer, I assume) have a swim mode that I can select, though I've never tried it (and probably never will). From the DCRainmaker review it does seem to have its limitations.

Garmin Fenix 3, don't waste your time with the rest.

I have also come to this conclusion. However, isn't a new Garmin about to be released? I am hoping it's soon so I can pick up my Fenix 3 for a steal. I am terrible at counting laps, as I usually lose count 15 minutes into a session and I kinda guesstimate where I am a few times. I just hope that I overextend my training requirements.  

:oops:

I have also come to this conclusion. However, isn't a new Garmin about to be released? I am hoping it's soon so I can pick up my Fenix 3 for a steal. I am terrible at counting laps, as I usually lose count 15 minutes into a session and I kinda guesstimate where I am a few times. I just hope that I overextend my training requirements.  

:oops:

Yep, the Fenix 5 is being released...

I have the Fenix 3. It is worth every cent!

I'm also trying to save for a watch for swimming. Just be careful, some watches can only be used to swim in a pool and track laps as they work on an acceleration technology. Every time you push off the pool wall it counts a lap. These watches can't be used in open water. You need to make sure it can be used in open water.

DC rainmaker is a great site and the guy is brilliant in reviewing.

I'm trying to find a fenix 2

I have the Garmin Forerunner 735XT

Have not tried the swimming feature though.

+1 for the 735XT / 920XT or wait for the Fenix 5

Edited by Dav/d

I had the Fenix 3 HR, awesome watch but eventually gave it back because the wrist HR was working intermittently and just frustrated the hell out of me. After the return I would have happily bought the Fenix 3 performance bundle (includes HR strap) but then the announce the Fenix 5, so now I am waiting ( currently back to my old Polar RCX5)

I had the Fenix 3 HR, awesome watch but eventually gave it back because the wrist HR was working intermittently and just frustrated the hell out of me. After the return I would have happily bought the Fenix 3 performance bundle (includes HR strap) but then the announce the Fenix 5, so now I am waiting ( currently back to my old Polar RCX5)

I've read a lot that the wrist hr function isn't great so if you need the HR function rather get the strap model, that's my opinion