Crank Puller

Ti-ny

So decided to upgrade road bike crank to hollow tech. Trying to remove old octalink crank and I have managed to lose the little bobbit at the front of my crank puller. Is there a way to remove the crank without it or does someone in Durbanville have a crank puller I could use please.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

If you don't car about the old crank you could just take a drift and hammer the thing off , tap a spot move over diagonally tap move to other corner tap diagonally over again and repeat.

ONLy if you're going to throw the crank away cause this fuc*s up the crank pretty good

Thanks crank still good but im not going to use it so will try hammer just worried about stress on frame

Use a bolt nut of small enough size as a replacement bobbit, then the nut can be against the axle and you should have enough when you screw the bolt up against the nut to pull the crank off

Use a bolt nut of small enough size as a replacement bobbit, then the nut can be against the axle and you should have enough when you screw the bolt up against the nut to pull the crank off

Learn something new everyday 

Learn something new everyday

It works, had an issue once where the bobbit head was too big to fit in the axle hole. Found a bolt head that would fit, removed the bobbit, screwed in the crank removal tool, then tightened the bolt against the nut resting against the axle and pulled the crank off :)

Ok size is the same as 10c coin will go to builders tom to find right size nut

Ok size is the same as 10c coin will go to builders tom to find right size nut

Stack of 10c coins will also work. Just make sure the nut hole is smaller than the crank pull bolt as you do not want it going straight through, as you want the crank puller bolt to push against the nut, stack of washers, stack of 10c coins which is pushing on the axle

Thanks all used a 10mm steel washers sandwiched between two 10c coins. Worked great. Coins and washers bent but cranks came off.

Send me a pm with your number. I can help you tomorrow. I'm in Aurora.

Thanks Steve. Managed to get it sorted

Thanks all used a 10mm steel washers sandwiched between two 10c coins. Worked great. Coins and washers bent but cranks came off.

Cool you got it sorted, better than hamering, bashing and cutting the bb to get it off :)

Archived