[Event] FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic

Stillwater_MTB_Events

As far as I know the shorter route does not include the monster itself?

I have almost the same picture .

I think he means the "shorter long distance "  . This year was 66 km, last year 70 plus.

Was my first one . It was very hard. Rocky downhills and the sand. For me with limited skills, it rates as technical. Never lets up right to the end.

Had a fall, lost concentration on a easy flat section. I was just plain buggered. Limped home in 6.05. Fall made no difference in time.

Camping at Buffelspoort for the weekend made it nice.

Edited by Blokman

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also did the Marathon distance, started in the B batch and finished in 3h53min. I agree with most of the comments that the merge of 33km/66km was very frustrating especially when it got to the single track at the end - but the slow guys I passed also seemed frustrated to continuously make way for the faster marathon cyclists - and understandably so. There were at some point little children cycling on the single track which can also become dangerous to them.

I think the route was great and well marked (but tough with all the rocks, sand and tufty's). Just the last 16km was a balls-up. I studied the elevation profile before the race and was really looking forward to the last 10kms because of the nice downhill and flat home sprint through the single tracks - but then the bottlenecks... :( . Hope the race organizers can fix this...

Did you do the 75km?

Heard there were a few marking errors

Yea well at least I tried to do the 75km. End on 52km... had saved some legs for the last 20 as well. Couldn't believe it when I came to the end. Thought we were going out on a another loop. There was about 20ppl I know of that didn't get the right distance. Ranging from from 46km to 52km. And the doc guys were there as well. And I saw a few of them had done he same sort of distance.

Only 59 ppl did the correct distance .

I can't even think where we went wrong. They have lots to learn . A path cut through a farmers field isn't really a trail . But any day on the bike is still a good day out...even if it was 2.7 degrees 15km into the race ❄️❄️❄️ .

Edited by Pikey

Hi , was a awesome RIDE . Starting in batch E of the marathon we didn't get any bottlenecks and not to much of the 33 / 15 k riders at the end .

Did it SS on 34/20 , really nice . Will do it next year again .