Noob question about Western Cape road race calendar

Mamil

HOW awesome would it be to have a provincial crit series ??

1 race every two weeks - spectator friendly, safe, fast, great for cycling awareness.

Almost like the redhook fixed gear series which takes place internationally.

Last year WP hosted 22 league races weekly but this year they wanna do quality over quantity and are planning on doing a race every 2nd weekend.

I am working on WP to update their calendar and website ASAP.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys

Do you know who I could speak to regarding the early entry discounts for Sundays Outriders event?

No discounts at checkout, only the full R300

Thanks

Hey guys

Do you know who I could speak to regarding the early entry discounts for Sundays Outriders event?

No discounts at checkout, only the full R300

Thanks

I noticed the same thing so all I did was enter but chose to pay at the event.

Shame man,

Hope you heal up soon! I will crop the vid on my gopro and post to this forum asap !!!

Was a solid race to the end! Thank you WPCA

How far did you get with the vid? :clap:

How far did you get with the vid? :clap:

You're a badass

Wanting to watch yourself crash in slo-mo 

Hows the bike?

You're a badass

Wanting to watch yourself crash in slo-mo 

Hows the bike?

Just wanna see exactly what transpired in the crash.

Bike seems to be 100's just my shoulder that needs to heal up now. 

Just wanna see exactly what transpired in the crash.

Bike seems to be 100's just my shoulder that needs to heal up now. 

Just yanking your derailleur 

Heal up swiftly

:thumbup:

Who was at the Outriders fest - WPCA league race yesterday? 

What did you guys make of the event?

Anything you would like to change for future events? 

What worked and what didn't work yesterday?

I would appreciate any feedback, good or bad.

Hey Bankie

Yesturday was good! Lekker event and everything was on time. Heres a list tho

• The cones for the 2nd race was a bit iffy, like it was a waste, just made Jayde fall in cat1
  • Maybe have shorter races next time, say 30mins max but then we do 3 for the day.
  • Sprint primes was missing
  • Maybe have the kids race on the main track so that theres more people to watch them

what sucked tho, and this was no ones fault is that almost everyone had left after the first round of racing!!! only 9 guys started Cat1, and cat 2 was probably only 12 or so starters. 1st race probably saw about 45 or 50 cat 2 guys there.

Maybe the final result only counts if you raced both events?

Anyways, it was a good day non the less!!!!

Thank you to the Outriders and everyone who made it possible!

Hey Mopkop

Thanks for attending the event and for the awesome feedback.

Lots of people left after the main circuit races and I got lots of comments that the crit races were scheduled for to late in the afternoon. This event was solely arranged by Outriders and they drew up the schedule for the day.

In future there will definitely be a colab between club and WPCA for all future events. 

The prime laps was only at last year's Killarney races which was hosted by Cycle Teknix but I agree Outriders perhaps missed out on that. It makes the racing more exciting for sure.

For our event on the 30th I have been working hand in hand with WPCA to make our event as successful as possible. We are meeting again today to discuss a few things then the event should be listed on www.WPCYCLING.com tomorrow and their calendar will be updated.

I am also getting entry fees reduced for our event and all future events but I will give more feedback on that tomorrow.

Hey Mopkop

Lots of people left after the main circuit races and I got lots of comments that the crit races were scheduled for to late in the afternoon. This event was solely arranged by Outriders and they drew up the schedule for the day.

In future there will definitely be a colab between club and WPCA for all future events. 

The prime laps was only at last year's Killarney races which was hosted by Cycle Teknix but I agree Outriders perhaps missed out on that. It makes the racing more exciting for sure.

For our event on the 30th I have been working hand in hand with WPCA to make our event as successful as possible. We are meeting again today to discuss a few things then the event should be listed on www.WPCYCLING.com tomorrow and their calendar will be updated.

I am also getting entry fees reduced for our event and all future events but I will give more feedback on that tomorrow.

Fan-freaken-tastic!!! Thank you for all the effort youre putting into the league.

See you all on the 30th!

Hey Mopkop

WHOOHOOOO...big up for this.

will keep an eye out for the updated details on the website.

Link to entry portal which opens tomorrow morning Wednesday 12 April - http://www.wpcycling.com/event/cyclopaths-paarl-de-ville/?instance_id=1988

We have successfully negotiated to get the early entry fees reduced to R150 for all CAT1/2/3 riders as well as ladies and R100 for the OPEN and U17 & U15 riders.

Early entries open on Wednesday 12 April 2017 to Wednesday 26 April thereafter it will be R250 and you will be able to enter on the morning of the race.

Spot prizes will be awarded for the lead rider on the 1st lap in CAT 1/2/3 and ladies. Prizes will be confirmed closer to the race.

Big thanks to our title sponsor 7 Sirs Group for making all of this possible.

http://www.sevensirs.co.za

Also check out Edrs PtyLtd for any data recovery on your hard drive, tablet, laptop, computer, memory stick or iPod.

http://emergencydrservice.co.za

Hey Bankie

Yesturday was good! Lekker event and everything was on time. Heres a list tho

• The cones for the 2nd race was a bit iffy, like it was a waste, just made Jayde fall in cat1
  • Maybe have shorter races next time, say 30mins max but then we do 3 for the day.
  • Sprint primes was missing
  • Maybe have the kids race on the main track so that theres more people to watch them

what sucked tho, and this was no ones fault is that almost everyone had left after the first round of racing!!! only 9 guys started Cat1, and cat 2 was probably only 12 or so starters. 1st race probably saw about 45 or 50 cat 2 guys there.

Maybe the final result only counts if you raced both events?

Anyways, it was a good day non the less!!!!

Thank you to the Outriders and everyone who made it possible!

Thanks for the feedback! I have passed on to the Outriders committee.

You can see some pics from the event on the facebook page www.facebook.com/outriderscyclingfestival. Feel free to tag yourselves.

any chance you guys will be able to include more hilly courses/routes?

these short, flat races are becoming a bit boring and one sided

Archived