2017 specialized camber comp vs 2017 Scott spark 930 ??

Idan

No brain on comp carbon.  Only on expert and s-works, IIRC (sorry, too lazy to google).

BTW, of the 2017's, the PRO is a really nice spec (but $$$, of course).

Ah yes, my mistake.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly the SAME bike, from a frame perspective, AFAIK.  Different spec for the new model year, but that's Spez for you.

I would go Spez CAmber  (2016 or 2017) for the following reasons:

1. nice wide wheels

2. dropper post + internal cabling

3. bulletproof sram 1 x 11

4. swat box - REALLY USEFUL

5. brilliant geometry that makes YOU look good

6. 120mm front and rear sus

7. "quiver" bike - it can really do EVERYTHING.

PS: if you can wait until september-ish, the 2017 cambers should go on special (usu about 25% off list).  If you can't, bargain hard.

Lastly, the 2018 camber could be "new", ie have a new frame but, who knows, as spez appears to be slowing down new frame releases.?

Disclaimer: i own a 2016 camber comp carbon.

Is Nonky a Spez dealer or just a fan boy?

1. nice wide wheels. True, Syncros=23mm & Roval=29mm

2. dropper post + internal cabling. So does the Scott

3. bulletproof sram 1 x 11. They're running the same cranksets, except for the rediculously small Raceface 28T on the Spez.

4. swat box - REALLY USEFUL. True, awesome feature.

5. brilliant geometry that makes YOU look good. The Spark actually has a longer reach, slacker head angle & slightly lower BB.

6. 120mm front and rear sus. Same same

7. "quiver" bike - it can really do EVERYTHING. The bike can do what the rider can make it do.

I reckon you'll have a crap ton of fun on both of these bikes, but don't limit your options:

-Santa Cruz TallBoy C

-Pyga Stage OneTen29

-Momsen Vipa Trail

-Trek Fuel EX 9.8

-BMC Speedfox 02

-New Giant Anthem X should be arriving this month, which will be value for money and may be beefed up a bit?

How are these two bike's prices comparing to Rocky Mountain Element 950RSL?

Only has 100mm travel but I guess the longer fork might make it a bit more capable.

Silverback Sesta!

No, his options are between 120mm travel bikes, Sesta is 90mm.

No, his options are between 120mm travel bikes, Sesta is 90mm.

So what!! Don't you know that the Sesta is the best bike that has ever been built? 20mm of suspension travel has nothing on the superior vertically mounted shock!

So what!! Don't you know that the Sesta is the best bike that has ever been built? 20mm of suspension travel has nothing on the superior vertically mounted shock!

Oh dear! Is this how you got to 9000 posts, by talking ***?

Oh dear! Is this how you got to 9000 posts, by talking ***?

easy, bro. You're missing the reference to that Silverbackrider oke whatever his name is that insists EVERYONE should be riding an SB 'cos it's, like, the best bike ever, duuuude. 

(OP get the Camber, have a few mates that love theirs!!, but shhhh don't tell that angry man that I gave you non *** advice)

Some first-hand 2c having gone from a 2014 Scott, to 2015 Epic, to a 2017 Camber Comp Carbon recently...

I haven't ridden the 2017 Scott Spark for fair comparison, but here's why I gravitated towards the Camber and how it's been to live with:

• 29mm wide strong wheels are a treat to ride.  They've taken some big shots without any problems (I'm 95Kg and make up for a complete lack of talent by sheer brute force :ph34r: )
  • Bike geometry feels comfy, stable, but still keeps a slightly racey feel to it.  Dropper in up position the bike feels almost as speedy as the Epic, but in the down position with susp in full open, trails like Jonkers Red have become fun from top to bottom.
  • Coming from a Scott with remote lockouts (read levers, hydraulic lines etc) and the Epic with Brain technology, I wanted a bike with simple bomb-proof bouncy kit.  Rockshox Revelation 120mm upfront and Fox DPS 120mm rear just work without drama, fuss or complications.  Each has 3 settings (i.e. Argus mode, uphill swallow a lung mode, and the fun mode).  Happiness!
  • SWAT compartment in the frame seemed silly at first (I actually laughed when I saw it).  Have started using it for the random tools and spares, and grown to really enjoy how convenient it is.

All in all the Camber is a great bike, true all-rounder, and the first bike I've put through it's paces every week without any repairs or visits to the bike shop.  Only downside is the friends who'll disown you for pitching up on a Spez  :whistling:

Is Nonky a Spez dealer or just a fan boy?

1. nice wide wheels. True, Syncros=23mm & Roval=29mm

2. dropper post + internal cabling. So does the Scott

3. bulletproof sram 1 x 11. They're running the same cranksets, except for the rediculously small Raceface 28T on the Spez.

4. swat box - REALLY USEFUL. True, awesome feature.

5. brilliant geometry that makes YOU look good. The Spark actually has a longer reach, slacker head angle & slightly lower BB.

6. 120mm front and rear sus. Same same

7. "quiver" bike - it can really do EVERYTHING. The bike can do what the rider can make it do.

I reckon you'll have a crap ton of fun on both of these bikes, but don't limit your options:

-Santa Cruz TallBoy C

-Pyga Stage OneTen29

-Momsen Vipa Trail

-Trek Fuel EX 9.8

-BMC Speedfox 02

-New Giant Anthem X should be arriving this month, which will be value for money and may be beefed up a bit?

Unashamed Spez WHORE...comments were on a bike that i actually know and ride, which probably disqualifies the comment for HUB purposes.

Here's my real opinion: buy the pretty one.

No one said RC, just said nino's performance on Scott; as a brand

Still sticking to Spaz being a more versatile machine the scott.

huh what? More versatile? We're not talking spark RC here, we're talking Spark. Which is also a 120mm XCTrail machine with a slackish head angle.

waiting for this thread to FLARE UP tomorrow...Spez v Scott of much greater importance than #zumamustvoetsak

Versatile in what way

The Spez-sheeps ability to throw all of the money at a fancy brand?!  :whistling:

(ducks and runs for cover)

Archived