[Event] 3 Towers Stage Race

Mark Meyer

Still trying to get over (excuse the pun) Iconic on day 2 of Sani! That hill has made me extremely climbing averse!

Wasn't so bad.....20min of suffering and it's done.  ;)

Thought you MTB okes are tough...

heheheheh

• 1 month later...

So , busy packing and the nerves are starting. Didn’t lose the 2 kilos I said I would three months ago ( in fact picked up 1 ) . I am really looking forward to the event , even though I know it’s gonna be a tough 3 days of climbing . Is there anyone close to Mankele that can give us a weather update/prediction please .

This was an awesome, but tough event... need to get a dual suss, as my body was not enjoying the technical decends on day 3 any more!

My 3rd Time ....as previously , you won't get any other MTB Stage event in SA that gives what 3 towers gives in value .....Technical descends , awesome views , proper climbing , flowing single track , Bush Tunnels ,  relaxed vibe and lastly no HYPE.

My second year doing this race and just reinforces my opinion that it must be the most fun you can have in a 3 day stage race. Unlike Sani2C and Berg n Bush which have been sanitised to the point that you can ride a CX bike on the trail, this is real mountain biking with some seriously challenging but fun riding.

Families are welcome in the race village which is not something you will find as easily in other races. Whereas I got bored with Sani and BnB as they got dumbed down year after year, I can't see myself getting bored with this race for quite a while to come.

Highly recommended!

• 7 months later...

I have just entered and am looking forward to this stage race  :clap:

I did the Sabie express as a noob many years ago on a postman bike, I'm super excited to do this with a proper bike and more experience............

Edited by coppi